Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Supreme Court rules against EPA on power plant regs

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/29/supreme-court-rules-against-epa-on-power-plant-rules/

"In a major win for the energy industry, the Supreme Court ruled Monday against the Environmental Protection Agency's effort to limit certain power plant emissions -- saying the agency "unreasonably" failed to consider the cost of the regulations.

The rules curbing emissions of mercury and other hazardous air pollutants began to take effect in April. But the court said by a 5-4 vote Monday that the EPA failed to take their cost into account when the agency first decided to regulate the toxic emissions from coal- and oil-fired plants.

The challenge was brought by industry groups and 21 Republican-led states.

Writing for the court, Justice Antonin Scalia said it is not appropriate to impose billions of dollars of economic costs in return for a few dollars in health or environmental benefits.

"EPA must consider cost -- including cost of compliance -- before deciding whether regulation is appropriate and necessary," the court said.

The case now goes back to lower courts for the EPA to decide how to account for costs."
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Hopefully this can be applied to everything they do!!! That would pretty much shut them down!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Well at least they can do some things right. :win::applause::worthy: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 22,984 Senior Member
    2 good decisions in a row. I'm all for protecting the environment - but the EPA is WAAAAAY out of control. There is a "happy medium".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."