Home Main Category Clubhouse

Prayers needed...

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 6,624 Senior Member
My mother, aunt and uncle were in town for their 50th high school reunion. They stopped after the picnic this a.m. for lunch before getting on the road back home. While sitting at lunch, I noticed my aunt was having a hard time putting words together. My mom (retired nurse) started checking her out and decided we needed to get her to the hospital. After some hemming and a little hawing, the docs decided she had suffered a stroke. They've put her on an ambulance up to the UW hospital and my mother and uncle followed along.

The docs don't know yet how extensive any damage is, or if there is any real damage to begin with. Even the CAT scan was inconclusive, though I'm not sure if 'inconclusive' is good or bad...

Your prayers are deeply appreciated.
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:sent.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,203 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Done :angel2::angel2:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    My mother, aunt and uncle were in town for their 50th high school reunion. They stopped after the picnic this a.m. for lunch before getting on the road back home. While sitting at lunch, I noticed my aunt was having a hard time putting words together. My mom (retired nurse) started checking her out and decided we needed to get her to the hospital. After some hemming and a little hawing, the docs decided she had suffered a stroke. They've put her on an ambulance up to the UW hospital and my mother and uncle followed along.

The docs don't know yet how extensive any damage is, or if there is any real damage to begin with. Even the CAT scan was inconclusive, though I'm not sure if 'inconclusive' is good or bad...

Your prayers are deeply appreciated.

When I flipped out in December, 2004 from too many pain meds I was taking for severe nerve pain, which I found out later was as a result of a Diabetic Neuropathy, the team of Docs at the hospital in Victoria were all saying they thought I had a stroke. The Head neurologist had run a couple MRIs but he found nothing. Then he ran two more after 4 days and he told me the reason he ran more was because sometimes right after a stroke an MRI won't show anything, but after four or five days it will begin to show. So he ordered 2 more MRIs. However, these didn't show anything either and after more tests it was discovered I was probably suffering from Diabetic Neuropathy. So it may take a few days for it to show.

I'M NO DOC by a long shot, but I'm praying everything is OK for your family.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Prayers sent....
    :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

Early intervention is important, once I had not heard from my uncle, called him, no answer, so I went to his home, the door was open, and he was on the floor, semiconcious, I got him stable, took him to hospital.
    He was admitted, and treated, his physicians claimed that early discovery and transport to hospital for early treatment at was the key to his complete recovery.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

Good catch :up:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,684 Senior Member
    :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,414 Senior Member
    Prayers outbound
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    :angel2: Hope no permanent damage from whatever it is found to be.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,339 Senior Member
    Prayers out.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,390 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel:
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    You got it bud.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,064 Senior Member
    Glad you recognized the signs early!! Hope all goes well and Mom makes a full recovery. Prayers sent!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,872 Senior Member
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,192 Senior Member
    :angel2: :angel2: on their way from here.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Just Prayed:angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 740 Senior Member
    Prayers sent :angel2:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,815 Senior Member
    I hope she makes a full recovery.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.......Robin :angel2:
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO