Holster hint...

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
I have been experimenting with an Uncle Mike's sidekick size 21 holster, problem was it slid around and had way too much lateral movement.

After considerable experimenting, I tried the comfort part off a computer bag strap, by threading it through the belt attachment, then threading the belt through one side, around the front then back through the side again, I achieved a very solid holster platform, I have been using this setup for over 4 months and it has been holding up well.

This setup is very stable and solid, keeps the gun in close, so far the computer belt comfort strap parts are very effective as well as inexpensive.

BTW, I am using this holster with a Glock 17, and it fits very well, I flipped the retention strap around using it as a thumb break strap, found this holster at a thrift shop for exactly $1.00, quite a bargain.

I am using this holster with an 1-1/4" belt, with an identical computer belt comfort part as a keeper to secure the belt or keep it from flopping around.

Hope this hint is of use.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,936 Senior Member
    I used to use them, the plastic belt loops are not durable enough.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    So far mine have been holding up, and they are plentiful enough, free even, so I can stock up on them and replace them as needed.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996