Home Main Category Clubhouse

New TV show "Proof" is pretty good thus far

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Anyone see the first 2 episodes of the new show "Proof" Tuesdays?

It's produced by Kyra Sedgwick and tells of a physician at a big hospital who's asked by a wealthy donor to investigate the scientific and factual possibility of an afterlife.

Episode 1 was a little derivative, reminded me of Eastwood's "Afterlife" but episode 2 was excellent, good story line, superb script, fascinating thematic arc, far better than typical TV episodes.

I dunno if it's going to be an okay show but thus far it's very watchable. The 2nd episode particularly, episode 3 tomorrow (Tuesday the 30th).

Replies

• Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    It's one of a few new Shows on my DVR setting (Wayward Pines) (Deutschland 83) (Dark Matter)
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Is this like the show about a bunch of med students that would stop and restart each other to see what happens?
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Is this like the show about a bunch of med students that would stop and restart each other to see what happens?
    No it's about a dying Multi Billionaire who funds top Researchers to look into past & present cases and do cutting edge research on afterlife & Near Death experiences...
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member

Ha. Been there, seen that. Can't remember the name of the movie, though.
    No it's about a dying Multi Billionaire who funds top Researchers to look into past & present cases and do cutting edge research on afterlife & Near Death experiences...

Correct. Ep 1 was kinda flat but ep 2 was very well scripted, funny and interesting. I dunno if the show will be good but hey, it's free and worth maybe a try. So few decent shows on TV nowadays that this one stands out nicely.
    Just watched the 3rd episode, a flashback included that was about a firefight during the Korean War, some of the best battle sequences I've ever seen, movie or TV either.

Episode was also fascinating, and very entertaining. Check it out.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member

That was the movie "Flatliners" with Kevin Bacon and I think Julia Roberts.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    That was the movie "Flatliners" with Kevin Bacon and I think Julia Roberts.

Yeah, that was the movie. It was mostly silly but the scene with that partly paralyzed dog was unsettling.

Anyway, check out "Proof" especially the 2nd and 3rd episode. Way better that most any other drama on TV now, and I was really surprised with the show's quality -- fine acting, script, great production standards overall. Worth a view just to see if you like it.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Watched it the first time just to see if we liked it. Watched it a second time just to be sure. The third time sealed the deal. We now have it on our schedule.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
    sherwood wrote: »
    Watched it the first time just to see if we liked it. Watched it a second time just to be sure. The third time sealed the deal. We now have it on our schedule.

Sometimes a TV show comes along that surprises you pleasantly. This show did that exactly. Top flight script, which makes the difference. Acting also very good, believable. The direction and medical scenes are very precise and accurate according to real medical behavior, especially the surgery shown. I've never seen a fictional show depict medical work that accurately, and it's a very nice thing to see that they paid attention to such.

Kyra Sedgwick is the executive producer of this show. She's a fine actor, a cutie, but also a very smart gal, and it shows in this new series. I've always rooted for Kyra and her hubbie Kevin Bacon, both excellent actors and apparently they're good folks as well, been married forever, kids and a stable family life. Sometimes Hollywood turns out a real nice couple, and they are one of the few.