Home Main Category Personal Defense

4th of July Holiday

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
The ISIS attacks overseas today got me to thinking. Our bat eared idiot in chief has done nothing to seal the borders so there are most likely more than a few **** terrorists in the U.S. The 4th of July celebration is just around the corner. Perfect time for the terrorists that have infiltrated to do some stuff, as in killing, shooting up something important, and generally causing mayhem and general fear in the populace (sheep herd).

So, for what it's worth, on the 4th it would probably be a good idea to be a little more vigilant than normal. I hope nothing happens, but if it does it's better to at least have entertained the idea that it could happen beforehand. And carrying an extra reload or two for whatever you're carrying wouldn't be paranoid, either.
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Just like any other day. It's inevitable just a matter of when.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Actually, it isn't just like any other day. 4th of July is right in the middle of Ramadan, and the Jihad Akmeds have called for stepped up attacks on us infidels during their celebration.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Agreed, good points all. We saw a slew of attacks overseas yesterday in response to that call.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Actually, it isn't just like any other day. 4th of July is right in the middle of Ramadan, and the Jihad Akmeds have called for stepped up attacks on us infidels during their celebration.

Since September 11th 2001 there have been how many 4th of July holidays. Treat everyday like it is the day. It's the world we live in now.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Good thing about the weather at the 4th of July is that it's hot. You can't hid a suicide bomber vest under a wife beater (tank top under shirt) and if you are wearing a jacket or long sleeves is another give away. It feels safer when even the TSA can see a terrorist. If you see someone drop a backpack drop them. Cold beer and fireworks make the holiday fun. This is the first year real fireworks are allowed in Georgia so there will be a learning curve. If you hear someone say "Hey watch this" do what the fireworks package says "Retire Quickly". Just keep a sharp eye out on the people around you and you should be fine. :up: :usa: :applause: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I'm on call so no plans for anything out in the general population. I'll just be at home hoping the phone doesn't ring!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    If you see someone drop a backpack drop them.

Would you please clarify and maybe delete this sentence. I may have grandchildren out there wearing a back-pack.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    bisley, I was referring to adults not children. Boston bombers used backpacks to hide the pressure cookers. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,982 Senior Member
    I will be carrying on life as normal. If something feels out of place I will act accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Stay vigilant and lucky all the time, they need but be lucky once and some innocent dies.

We learnt that over all those years dancing with our Irish friends.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan to me :up:

Agree. We're not planning on going to any sort of group celebration -- heck, we can see the downtown fireworks from our balcony. But for others, a good idea to keep a watchful eye.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    You know how many times it's been something actually dangerous? Zero.

That may come back and bite you my friend, stay alert. :up:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    knitepoet wrote: »
    And that came out AFTER Mike made his post....

Hmmmm I wonder if they got the "hint" from him :rotflmao:

Sometimes my being on multiple government watch lists pays off............for them! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
    Sometimes my being on multiple government watch lists pays off............for them!

Always ready for yet another phone call, just like Batman's big searchlight signal, eh? Then zoom to the rescue?

Oh, wait -- that was my dream last night. Never mind.
    samzhere wrote: »
    Always ready for yet another phone call, just like Batman's big searchlight signal, eh? Then zoom to the rescue?

Oh, wait -- that was my dream last night. Never mind.

Nah, not that. But it is one possible explanation of why my internet connection seems to slow down when I'm on the forum. Takes them a while to sift through my posts for 'hidden' coded messages! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
    Nah, not that. But it is one possible explanation of why my internet connection seems to slow down when I'm on the forum. Takes them a while to sift through my posts for 'hidden' coded messages! :rotflmao:

Including the one you just posted, eh? (I got the message: send $20 to buffy asap)
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yeah this. living in DC there's a "suspicious package" incident at least 3-4 times a week. You know how many times it's been something actually dangerous? Zero.

Like maybe a pressure cooker in a backpack? Ask the folks in Boston about that!
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Yes, I'm aware of two incidents. Boston and the Atlanta Olympic bombing. Not saying you shouldn't be vigilant and even calling the cops/bomb squad if you see something suspicious (as Janet says "if you see something, say something"). Suggesting you should shoot someone because they're carrying or putting down a backpack is just stupid and irresponsible.

:that: Vigilance to your surroundings is key.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    :that: Vigilance to your surroundings is key.

Every day, every place, at all times.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Even from people who should know better, I'm seeing Amelican Lound Eye thinking creeping into the thinking. First off, the terrorists don't give a rat's crusty butt about the threat level we put on something. They are ready to martyr themselves, go out in as big a splash as possible, and supposedly get them 72 virgins.

Second, the 4th of July holiday is the ONE holiday during the summer months where there will be a huge amount of people drinking, partying, out and about in huge crowds, and oblivious to their surroundings, and lots of kids in tow. Perfect setup for a big splash on the part of the terrorists. An IED here, a couple or three mag dumps there, and mayhem will reign. And if Akmed goes out in a blaze of gunfire, so much the better for martyrdom.

And last, explosives are a little difficult to get hands on in the U.S. But the 4th of July ushers in more fireworks available. Let me paint a picture for you. The mortars that shoot a charge out a tube and make a big pretty splash of color a few hundred feet up are THE perfect IED starter kit. The charges are slightly under softball size, pack a HUGE punch, and aren't prohibitively expensive. They consist of the lifting charge and bursting charge in a small package.

So, inebriated people in very large groups not paying attention, stuff to make IEDs readily available, and an important holiday in the U.S. to make a huge splash and let Akmed make points with his comrades. What's not to like, if you're a terrorist?

Time to stop thinking of them as rational human beings and see them for what they are; brainwashed terrorists on a mission to kill, kill, kill.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Yes, I'm aware of two incidents. Boston and the Atlanta Olympic bombing. Not saying you shouldn't be vigilant and even calling the cops/bomb squad if you see something suspicious (as Janet says "if you see something, say something"). Suggesting you should shoot someone because they're carrying or putting down a backpack is just stupid and irresponsible.

Calling you out on this one, alpha... Teach said nothing about shooting anyone. He just reminded us about the very real incident and was trying to urge more caution. But he said NOTHING about shooting anyone.

Accusing Teach of suggesting that we shoot someone with a backpack is, well, to quote, "stupid and irresponsible". Sorry pal, but you blew it this time and owe Teach an apology.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    Trace it back. Fat Billy was the one who advocated shooting folks who dropped a backpack and when Bisley asked for a clarification, Alpha agreed with him. I don't see Alpha as suggesting that Teach suggested we shoot anyone with a backpack.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Alf is right on this one. Wait - did I really say that? :silly:
    samzhere wrote: »
    Calling you out on this one, alpha... Teach said nothing about shooting anyone. He just reminded us about the very real incident and was trying to urge more caution. But he said NOTHING about shooting anyone.

Accusing Teach of suggesting that we shoot someone with a backpack is, well, to quote, "stupid and irresponsible". Sorry pal, but you blew it this time and owe Teach an apology.

Holy Toledo Batman.:silly::silly:
    Reading is fundamental, who owes who an apology?
    Another uneventful 4th of July but one must remain ever vigilant.