Home Main Category Personal Defense

Florida/Texas CCW Reciprocity and other stuff...

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,812 Senior Member
My family is conspiring to force me into a 6 day Florida vacation. I haven't been away from home for over 3 days since I was a kid, so I have resisted. But, it appears that I am surrounded and may soon have to capitulate, and maybe even go on an offshore fishing charter (I ain't no fisherman).

So, tell me some stuff about carrying in touristy areas of the Florida panhandle, on a charter boat (5 hour variety), etc. This will be a trip that includes the entire clan - all of my grandkids and their parents, so the old fart in the family needs to be a sheepdog, because everyone else will just be having fun. :tissue:

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    If those other folks do not CCW, you have your work cut out for you, prepare to help covert them to defending themselves, help modify their mindset.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    If your question has to do with whether you can carry in Florida with a Texas permit, I think so but you need to check it out. Actually, you could get very addicted to this and it could change your life considerably. Off shore fishing is VERY VERY VERY addictive. Especially if the captain of your boat puts you on a bunch of fish. But don't despair. If you do wish to repeat this adventure you don't have to move to Florida, you know we do this in Texas too. Yes, Florida has beautiful beaches and crystal clear water in its bays. But if you get 30 miles off shore in Texas it's the same kind of water. And most all the same fish are here as there. You can do it again without having to go out of state.

So go and enjoy. And don't sell your kids short. Yeah they will love to have fun, but these kids ain't fools. My kids are very aware of all their surroundings when we are out and about. My youngest son carries and so does my oldest son in law. The other two son in laws are from the Libtard North East and a little more education is in order for them, and my oldest son has a felony on his record due to his sleeze ball ex boss, but that's another story. Both my sons are at home around guns and hunting. But these kids are much smarter people than I ever would have given them credit for being. I'm learning this slowly,
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I really love boats, esp fixing and maintaining them, it may sound crazy, it's what I like.....

I used to rent a nice large boat in the Dominican Republic,, load it up with snacks and pops and ice, and park offshore of the beach, and the girls would climb on board and Sun bathe....
    Very innocent fun..... I liked playing host.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,884 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Very innocent fun..... I liked playing host.....

Uh huh...

On another note, FL recognizes TX CHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,252 Senior Member
    This is the Red Neck Riviera!! Everybody carries!! You'll fit right in!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,812 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    This is the Red Neck Riviera!! Everybody carries!! You'll fit right in!

This is what I was hoping to hear. OK to carry on a charter boat?
    bisley wrote: »
    This is what I was hoping to hear. OK to carry on a charter boat?

Only if you can rotate your Right hand over your head clockwise, and rotate your Left hand over your tummy anticlockwise.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Essentially you can carry anywhere that you might go as a tourist except a bar. You can carry in a restaurant that has a bar as long as you don't sit at the bar. Other than that, not in the courthouse or police station and you're good to go. Where you goin' in the panhandle?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me