Home Main Category Personal Defense

Wonder how riots will play out around here?

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 22,232 Senior Member
Black male dies in custody of local PD
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/29525781/suspect-dies-while-in-custody-of-tuscaloosa-police

Waiting to see if there's any reaction to this :popcorn:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    One would hope that the people will wait for the conclusion of the investigation. One would also make sure that a few 'party favors' are on hand to repel boarders should it become necessary.

( The guy was sprayed with OC to subdue him. I liked the comment about OC spray being less lethal than a bullet!)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Black male dies in custody of local PD
    http://www.myfoxal.com/story/29525781/suspect-dies-while-in-custody-of-tuscaloosa-police

Yes, I'm interested in this, but don't expect much will come from it.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    At least it sounds like they tried CPR and such this time. Not like NYers who stand by and watch them die!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

Could go either way.

I do know that when all the nonsense was going down in Ferguson there was a "protest" in Hoover. The protest called for the protesters to stand in the middle of 459 and block north and southbound traffic. About 9 people showed up, stood on the shoulder for about an hour, a white state trooper rolled up on them asked if they were okay or did they need any help. When he was informed of what was going on, he asked them to please be careful and warned them that the drivers on 459 weren't particularly safe, wished them a good day and left. Everybody went home a few minutes later.
    :roll2:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    At least it sounds like they tried CPR and such this time. Not like NYers who stand by and watch them die!

Do you even know 3 New Yorkers?? or any that stood by and watched people die?
    Your a bit bigoted there Skippy!
    Condemn everybody in a huge State for the acts of a few rotten Apples.
    I remember a bunch of NYC men lifting up a IRT subway car, in an effort to save a man..

construction LAHT Carbon Steel
    Car length 51 ft (15.54 m)
    Width 8 ft (2,438 mm)
    Height 11 ft (3,353 mm)
    Platform height 3.76 ft (1.15 m)
    Doors 6
    Weight exceeding 70,000 lbs
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I remember a bunch of NYC men lifting up a IRT subway car, in an effort to save a man..

Width 8 ft (2,438 mm)
    Height 11 ft (3,353 mm)
    Doors 6

Got a link? I Googled that line and came up with nothing.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Got a link? I Googled that line and came up with nothing.

Not likely to, happened 40 years ago, my dad witnessed it, construction crew working nearby on a building rushed over and went to work giving it everything they had.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,232 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Will play out about tha same as the Zimmerman not guilty verdict in Florida... Nothing will happen... An armed population protected by law to shoot looters is a non-starter for "riots".
    Kinda my thoughts as well, but these days you never know :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Hope their CVS isn't racist! :fan: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Do you even know 3 New Yorkers?? or any that stood by and watched people die?
    Your a bit bigoted there Skippy!
    Condemn everybody in a huge State for the acts of a few rotten Apples.

Width 8 ft (2,438 mm)
    Height 11 ft (3,353 mm)
    Doors 6

I was referring to the case where NY police stood by and watched a man begging for his last breath suffocate and did nothing!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Could go either way.

I do know that when all the nonsense was going down in Ferguson there was a "protest" in Hoover. The protest called for the protesters to stand in the middle of 459 and block north and southbound traffic. About 9 people showed up, stood on the shoulder for about an hour, a white state trooper rolled up on them asked if they were okay or did they need any help. When he was informed of what was going on, he asked them to please be careful and warned them that the drivers on 459 weren't particularly safe, wished them a good day and left. Everybody went home a few minutes later.
    :roll2:

:spittingcoffee: I've only been on 459 a few times, BUT, in those few times I determined that if any animal was seen trying to cross the road you could chalk it up to attempted suicide.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Sounds like a target-rich environment if the ghetto rats decide to go off the reservation!
    Jerry
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Build it & they will come ...
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You've gotta serious case of sandyvaginitis.

Nothing a wet nap can't fix.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Nothing to see here.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.