Home Main Category Personal Defense

My Current Go-To CCWs.

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 27,682 Senior Member
Anymore these days, I've returned to simple things. While I have other things I carry............these days..........I'm most apt to grab one of these two guns for CCW.

Daily%20Carry%20G23C-43%206_zpsy3suxrz5.jpg

Either the Glock 23C w/ spare mag or the Glock 43 and a spare mag. In the case of the 23........the spare mag is originally for a 22 but fits the 23 as well.

The two knives are always there.

As to holsters, I've simplified that as well.

Daily%20Carry%20G23C-43%205_zpsirxxuzxs.jpg

A 511 holster for the 23C and a BladeTech for the 43. Carried either appendix or at 4 o'clock. Knives on both side.

That's about it. I don't get much fancier these days.

Yeah, I carry a spare mag and two knives.

Must be Ninjas about.
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,467 Senior Member
    Woa, we think too much alike. I carry a Glock 23 with a 22 spare mag too (one my Dad carried on duty) and two benchmades an Osborne and a mini griptillion.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,682 Senior Member
    Great minds and all..........
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    On my CCW (Gen 3 Glock 19 ) (WW2 USGI War Trophy "Bring Back" 1911A1 "Mixmaster" Colt Slide/Ithaca Frame) (1988 Leo Marked S&W 5903)
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Zed, I'm a bit surprised you carry a 23C. Aren't you afraid you'll set your shirt on fire? :jester:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Science has proven that an unlikely event.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,922 Senior Member
    (1988 Leo Marked S&W 5903)
    Interesting.... that particular model was first introduced in 1990.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,263 Senior Member
    Depending on what I am wearing for the day: Glock 43 IWB at the 3:30 position with a Kershaw Leek in my left pocket, or SW Shield OWB in or near the same position with the same knife in my weak side pocket.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    The IPhone case is empty because I used it to take the picture...

1466DAB4-37C5-451D-B1C5-877FA65A32DA_zpsuypnnrrz.jpg

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,922 Senior Member
    I'm pretty unchanged. 1911 or a Smith and Wesson Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard, each with 1-2 reloads, Kershaw Blur and either a CRKT Mini My Tighe or Gerber Applegate Covert Folder, Browning AA flashlight, and other shtuff.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,160 Senior Member
    Me too, I just stand in back of Clean and let her talk them to death.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 6,003 Senior Member
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm in a RDR IWB holster, then at work a Leatherman Wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Interesting.... that particular model was first introduced in 1990.[/QUOTE Sue me, I was off by 2 years on a 25 year old pistol ...
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 863 Senior Member
    Smith M&P 45c in MTAC holster @ 4 o'clock, SOG Trident in pocket, spare mag
    Grumpy old gearhead
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    The IPhone case is empty because I used it to take the picture...

1466DAB4-37C5-451D-B1C5-877FA65A32DA_zpsuypnnrrz.jpg

D

Well, Dan, 2 points:

1- Aren't you skeered that you'll be beset by a death squad of highly trained jihadist ninjas? That little wheelgun ain't gonna kill more that a handful of 'em.

2- Could you please manage to show a bit more of your credit card? It's hard to see the number in the above photo. Thanks.
    EDA9E4DB-09E8-4365-81F3-4C362069B9B3_zpsq6kqffpr.jpg
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Well, Dan, 2 points:

2- Could you please manage to show a bit more of your credit card? It's hard to see the number in the above photo. Thanks.

Hey, get yer own Sky Miles.......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Well, Dan, 2 points:

1- Aren't you skeered that you'll be beset by a death squad of highly trained jihadist ninjas? That little wheelgun ain't gonna kill more that a handful of 'em.

Getting attacked by mall ninjas and Judy chops, would be a welcome relief if one had a choice between a quick, painless merciful death, or your bounty of wit, and endless stale sandwiches. ( Insert dripping with sarcasm emoticon here )

The unique humor of Sam's club jokes.

Soggy pickles costing extra....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Easily fixed, Doc. Just take the Monty Python & Holy Grail suggestion and skip over my postings. Nice?

But on the other hand, I'm glad I've got a little shadow who follows my postings and offers cogent comments on them. Not everyone here is that lucky, I'm kinda fortunate that way, hey?
    No, my good friend, I love joshing you in fun only,
    It was rather clever, urbane & witty banter, lol.......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Eli,
    What is the folder? It looks a lot like my griptilian, but different.
    Easily fixed, Doc. Just take the Monty Python & Holy Grail suggestion and skip over my postings. Nice?

But on the other hand, I'm glad I've got a little shadow who follows my postings and offers cogent comments on them. Not everyone here is that lucky, I'm kinda fortunate that way, hey?

I don't mind being your sidekick & comic relief, lol......
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Eli,
    What is the folder? It looks a lot like my griptilian, but different.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/585
    cpj wrote: »
    I could answer that, but the auto censor would ruin the moment. Ain't that right, Elly? :tooth:
    Methinks there is more to this story.
    cpj wrote: »
    I could answer that, but the auto censor would ruin the moment. Ain't that right, Elly? :tooth:

:roll2:

Yes, definitely more to that story, but it's kinda a "had to be there" to get the full effect type deal.
    Yup, still shaving sharp.
    I've got a few more that need a good edge put on them. I'm going to wait until the Benchmade starts the get dull, then bring you about 5 blades to sharpen at the same time.

:tooth:
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »

I carry one of these. FANTASTIC blade.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    My primary carry piece ia a SR9c in a crossbreed super tuck with extra mag.CRKT M16 folder.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs