MagPul Glock magazines

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 23,002 Senior Member
Sooooooooooo..............I ordered four of the MagPul magazines for the Glock G17. They will be used in my G26. I have a couple of G17 Glock mags I use as reloads for CCW; if 10 rounds don't do it then I got 34 more. Should be here by the end of the week, so I'll let you know what I think of them when they arrive. I also ordered some 20 round AR15 Magpul magazines; no such thing as too many mags. I like 20 rounders better than the 30 rounders; personal preference thing.
I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

Replies

• toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Thank you in advance for the range report. I've been curious about the Magpul Glock mags, but couldn't quite bring myself to buy them when OEM Glock mags are only a few dollars more. Still, important information.

As for the twenty versus thirty round issue, I could never see spending the same amount to buy a magazine with less capacity. Until I shot my AR over a bench. *Now it makes sense.* Been slowly adding a mix of twenties and thirties since then.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,002 Senior Member
    toymachine wrote: »
    Thank you in advance for the range report. I've been curious about the Magpul Glock mags, but couldn't quite bring myself to buy them when OEM Glock mags are only a few dollars more. Still, important information.

As for the twenty versus thirty round issue, I could never see spending the same amount to buy a magazine with less capacity. Until I shot my AR over a bench. *Now it makes sense.* Been slowly adding a mix of twenties and thirties since then.

I have a poo load of 30 round AR mags, and about 20 each of the 10 and 5 round mags. 30 round mags suck shooting off a bench; too much dangly dangle out the bottom of the mag well. The 5 and 10 round ones make much more sense off the bench; not like I'm holding off the zombie hordes. And the 5 rounders are handy for hunting.

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,294 Senior Member
    You're my hero. I'm very curious about these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,068 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    ..... no such thing as too many mags.

I concur.

mags.jpg
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    I concur.

mags.jpg
    Is that all you got. Light weight.:jester:
    It's because I hate Trump.
    Is that all you got. Light weight.:jester:

Actually, no.
    Those are just the range/class mags.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Whew. I was concerned for minute there.
    It's because I hate Trump.
    Whew. I was concerned for minute there.

:wink:
    I concur.

mags.jpg

The heck with loading magazines in an emergency :up:

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,204 Senior Member
    You carry all those on your belt?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,988 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »

Yes. And he conceals them. :tooth:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    The Big Brown Truck of Happiness delivered the mags today at 4:00 p.m. Loaded one and checked fit. The mag fits well, locks in tight, and drops free fully loaded. I chambered a round, went to the back door, and blew through 17 rounds rapid fire. Fed just like the factory 10 rounder, but I got to fire 7 more rounds. :tooth: Tried one empty; fits well and drops free with no problems or tendency to stick. I'll take some pictures tomorrow of the MagPul mag next to a factory Glock 10 round magazine, and a ProMag G17 magazine. It's 90° and 75% humidity out there right now; I ain't spending any time out there that I don't have to spend. I might melt.

FWIW, the two factory mags that came with the G26 are polymer, soooooooo.....................I don't get the polymer magazine hate.

And the MagPul 20 round AR magazines are nice, too. I ordered these in Desert Tan just because. Think I'll load them with hollow point ammo. Black mags for FMJ and Desert Tan for HP; nice way to color code what I have in case that should ever come up.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,497 Senior Member
    How much did the MagPul magazines cost ?
    Moar information prease !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    How much did the MagPul magazines cost ?
    Moar information prease !

$15.15 each.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/558151/magpul-pmag-17-gl9-magazine-glock-17-34-17-round-polymer-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Here's a couple of pictures of the MagPul magazine with a ProMag and a Glock factory 10 round mag.

ProMag on left, MagPul in middle, and Glock on right:

007_zpsyxfthjfv.jpg

ProMag on top, Magpul in middle, Glock on bottom:

005_zpsbfklxnad.jpg

I like the ProMag Magazines, but they are more expensive by $12 than the MagPul, and aren't as easy to disassemble for cleaning. And I like the fit of the MagPul magazines a lot more. I think MagPul has got another winner in their lineup of products.

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »

Well of course he does! Hey, he read those couple threads in the SD section, how we need to have at least 5 spare mags, 4 knives, 15 ready to eat meals, and some fire starting kits on our belts just in case, hey? ha ha

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Sooooooooooo..............I ordered four of the MagPul magazines for the Glock G17. They will be used in my G26. I have a couple of G17 Glock mags I use as reloads for CCW; if 10 rounds don't do it then I got 34 more. Should be here by the end of the week, so I'll let you know what I think of them when they arrive. I also ordered some 20 round AR15 Magpul magazines; no such thing as too many mags. I like 20 rounders better than the 30 rounders; personal preference thing.

Now what we'll next see is a certain few members here post a long response on how they've used Magpul mags at the range and the new mags have given them an extra 247.0428 yards of distance while increasing the muzzle velocity approximately 49.0405 ft/sec without any increased muzzle flip! This of course only works if you use their own hand-crafted barrels with specialsecretninja lands & grooves created by their own design of forging system which they will soon post photos of but not right now.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

That's some decent prices on magazines. Those Glock OEM mags are really cheap; wonder how they are selling them for so little? Or is everyone else gouging on price? :uhm:

That's some decent prices on magazines. Those Glock OEM mags are really cheap; wonder how they are selling them for so little? Or is everyone else gouging on price? :uhm:

Not sure, but the 10 that I picked up from them appear to be brand new.
    Not sure, but the 10 that I picked up from them appear to be brand new.

They work, obviously, and that is what really counts! :up: