Home Main Category Personal Defense

I actually OC'd some today

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,533 Senior Member
Had a couple of "honey do's" to do for the wife, plus a few errands of my own to run today. I put my R1911 in my "ChrisBreed" holster IWB and covered it with an untucked, unbuttoned FRC (fire resistant clothing) shirt over my tee.

Well, it got a LOT warmer today than I expected (low 80's) so by 3 this afternoon I was HOT and sweating. Since some of the wife's errands involved going to a women's clothing store and I needed to check on ordering some jewellery for her, I kept the cover garment on through those. (I figure OC'ing when walking into jewellery store would PROBABLY cause someone to hit the "Panic button") By the time I got to Academy Sports and Walmart, I said the heck with it and ditched the HOT FRC shirt. Guess what happened??????

NOT A DANGED THING.

None of the "sheeple" went into conniptions, no one called the cops (that I'm aware of anyway) and the one TPD officer I saw was talking with someone else, looked at me and then went back to giving the other guy direction to somewhere without giving me a second thought.

It's not something I see myself making a habit of, but it is nice to know even all the idealistic college students around here don't freak out about it.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    what state is ok with OC, I know Arizona is, who else ???? Thanks BILL
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,122 Senior Member
    I'm glad that all went well with you but I just can't see myself doing it. I mistakenly handed my permit instead of my drivers license to the chick behind the counter one time and listened to the "OMG HE'S GOT A GUN" scream that could have waken the dead. Nothing came of it but I sure don't want that to happen again. The less people know the better off I am.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Man, I misread the title. I thought you done squirted someone with pepper spray!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,533 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    what state is ok with OC, I know Arizona is, who else ???? Thanks BILL
    Here ya go
    http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,841 Senior Member
    I did not, but, was wearing my "Insured by S&W policy .357" T-shirt. Some body commented.

It was a lie, I had a Ruger.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,533 Senior Member
    Man, I misread the title. I thought you done squirted someone with pepper spray!
    That would be tough for me to do, since I don't own any OC spray

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,158 Senior Member
    Over here, 'Open Carry' means walking around with your fly undone..............and you NEVER get asked if you have a permit for the weapon if you do, you just get arrested....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    That would be tough for me to do, since I don't own any OC spray

You could put a couple drops of Tabasco in your hollow points...............sorta like pepper spray?
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Something like that happened to Me in old anti gun NYC, I had My windbreaker ride up and expose My sidearm, however the uniformed LEO standing next to Me at the Seven Eleven merely nodded at Me and quipped, long tour huh ? and went about the business of slurping his multi flavored slurpy.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996