Yet another theater incident -- forewarned is forearmed

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 15,270 Senior Member
Theater in Antioch...Nashville? Shooter is dead, one person (possibly) injured....
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,851 Senior Member
    Yep, looks like no one killed but the shooter, one possible injury. Not sure what he was thinking with a mid-week matinee showing of a movie that's been out for 4 months. This one looks to me like may have been suicide by cop or just a really stupid maniac.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Another nutjob at another theater. Luckily the cops dealt with the idiot but the possible danger was still there.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/05/shots-reportedly-fired-at-tennessee-movie-theater/?intcmp=hpbt1

    Since the perp didn't have a gun, the possible "gun free zone" argument is moot, but now we'll have to put up a "no hatchets, no pepper spray" signs that will of course totally prevent anyone from bringing these into the theater, same as the "no gun" signs stop crazed shooters.

    And yet another reason to prepare for nutjobs by staying armed as much as possible.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Article says he was armed with a firearm as well as the hatchet, and was killed during a shootout with police.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

    Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Another nutjob at another theater. Luckily the cops dealt with the idiot but the possible danger was still there.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/05/shots-reportedly-fired-at-tennessee-movie-theater/?intcmp=hpbt1

    Since the perp didn't have a gun, the possible "gun free zone" argument is moot, but now we'll have to put up a "no hatchets, no pepper spray" signs that will of course totally prevent anyone from bringing these into the theater, same as the "no gun" signs stop crazed shooters.

    And yet another reason to prepare for nutjobs by staying armed as much as possible.

    Tragic, of course. Luckily no one was shot . . . except the nut-cake. Yes, he did have a handgun & pepper spray. He was shot by police just outside the theater says reports.

    This country is continuing it's slide down the tubes.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    Article says he was armed with a firearm as well as the hatchet, and was killed during a shootout with police.

    You're right, I missed that.

    We can see how nutcases "think" via this near-tragic event. News broadcasts tell everything and show everything, and so crazies get their ideas from the news "Hey, it that guy can do it, so can I!"

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    :that:

    Things happen in Threes, I wonder when the next mentally malnourished twit is going to strike.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

    Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Pepper spray, a hatchet, and a handgun- - - -apparently the only shooting he did was at the first cop that responded. Also, it would be hard to mistake an old white guy for a jihadist, methinks! SBC is a definite possibility. Since I had most of the Nashville PD SWAT team as students in my night auto body repair class at one time or another, it's possible I know a few of the shooters who took him out!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    MSM is using these stories to perfect the Drive by method for the "Big (successful) Attacks" looming ahead.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Yeah, no jihad, just crazy. But the gun they carry is non-denominational -- it will shoot you all the same.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Yeah, no jihad, just crazy. But the gun they carry is non-denominational -- it will shoot you all the same.

    Great Caesar's Ghost ''',
    Why should that gun shoost me ?
    What have I done now ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.