Home Main Category General Firearms

I think we need some G&A forum rules

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    And somewhere up in Heaven, Dan Johnson is begging the Powers That Be to smite this thread before that EVER HAPPENS. :tooth:

:spittingcoffee::angel2::angel2::cool2:
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    KENFU!!!! Where in the H - E - double hockey sticks have you been?

I am THIS CLOSE to making a rule that you post more around here, but then I'd have to do it for every member that doesn't post much anymore.

Lurk less, post more bud.
    Been trying to get here more often...........still no net at home...............hunting for work and fixing house takes up my time........that and fluffy white death..........17 this morn...........my SoCal body aint adapted yet............................aaaarrrrrggggghh
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,794 Senior Member
    I am hesitant to add this, see Rules 2 and 3. I think this would be in conflict.

So, what you're saying is we have a DADT policy in regards to Taurus products?
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Bham ShooterBham Shooter Senior Member Posts: 609 Senior Member
    I think this is probably worth mentioning. And HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU, ROB!!! (Bhamshooter)

Seriously, get a .22 rifle for Pete's sake.

(Added. See Rule 20.)

Technically, I have one. Or will one day, when my grandpa moves on to Heaven. I just can't see myself taking anything like that from him just yet. Might be bad ju-ju, ya know, and we don't want to speed up that process just yet. ::neener-neener-neener::
    Trading is not necessarily evil. It is looked upon as "selling-light", however. After all, you ARE getting rid of a firearm. Sure, you replace it with another, but this does NOT increase population. You are simply trading one child for another.

It is recommended that you not trade. BUY what you want/need. I'll add an addendum. See Rule 21.

That's mo bettah.
    Waah, waah... GET ON IT, DUDE.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member

Basically. I don't want to alienate new members.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

Didn't Odumba and his Czars repeak the DADT policy? :rotflmao:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Chickens are mammals now?
    Technically, I have one. Or will one day, when my grandpa moves on to Heaven. I just can't see myself taking anything like that from him just yet. Might be bad ju-ju, ya know, and we don't want to speed up that process just yet. ::neener-neener-neener::

That is a weak copout, and the rule will stay in force. You do NOT have a .22 rifle, your grandpa does. So he would be compliant and welcome here. Just because you will inherit it, doesn't relieve you of your responsibility. Go get a different type than he.
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Didn't Odumba and his Czars repeak the DADT policy? :rotflmao:

Odumba has NO standing here.
    samzhere wrote: »
    Chickens are mammals now?

Sigh... See? More proof that rule 13 is NECESSARY.
    19. We have old people here. Be sensitive to them.

I resemble that remark.
    Regarding #15, I don't think it's anti-JMB per se to note that the original 1911 ejection port is a bit small.

It's always been my contention that JMB worked continually to improve his firearm designs and if he'd had time, he would have gotten around to enlarging the port.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,132 Senior Member
    How about a rule that allows trolls/mallninjas etc to stay for a minimum of 7 days before the mods 'pull' the trigger on them, on the basis that we need to allow all members the opportunity to make them feel welcome. ( It will stop some members from getting the 'What did I miss ****' feeling)
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    samzhere wrote: »
    Regarding #15, I don't think it's anti-JMB per se to note that the original 1911 ejection port is a bit small.

It's always been my contention that JMB worked continually to improve his firearm designs and if he'd had time, he would have gotten around to enlarging the port.

Minutiae.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    How about a rule that allows trolls/mallninjas etc to stay for a minimum of 7 days before the mods 'pull' the trigger on them, on the basis that we need to allow all members the opportunity to make them feel welcome. ( It will stop some members from getting the 'What did I miss ****' feeling)

I strongly agree with this one :that:

I totally missed a couple that had real comic relief potential. :bang:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    With regards to making a rule stating the 7 day minimum for troll threads, I don't think that's within my power guys. That would have to come from the top.

The rules as stated are meant as "catching up" material for newbies, and some STERN reminders for those of the flock who have lost their way, ie. cpj and his menstrual moaning about not buying anymore firearms. Or, Rob and his sinful refusal to purchase a .22 rifle. Laziness. Just sheer laziness.

We need to be reminded or we will stray.
    That is a weak copout, and the rule will stay in force. You do NOT have a .22 rifle, your grandpa does. So he would be compliant and welcome here. Just because you will inherit it, doesn't relieve you of your responsibility. Go get a different type than he.

I have never purchased a longgun. My pair of shotguns were inherited from one side. The .22 and some others will be from the other side. I also confess to TRADING a Ruger P95 for my XD40. This was before I met BBS in person, so it was nothing he did that rubbed off on me. I'll go sit in the corner now.
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    I strongly agree with this one :that:

I totally missed a couple that had real comic relief potential. :bang:

Some of the best ones were the newb mall ninjas.
    Or, Rob and his sinful refusal to purchase a .22 rifle. Laziness. Just sheer laziness.

I just can't decide which one would be better. Maybe I should start a thread about it. What is the .22lr equivalent of Winchester vs. Marlin? It would have to be Ruger vs. someone, right?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    It's Ruger v. the world. Well actually the main competitor of a 10-22 seems to be a Marlin Model 60.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I have never purchased a longgun. My pair of shotguns were inherited from one side. The .22 and some others will be from the other side. I also confess to TRADING a Ruger P95 for my XD40. This was before I met BBS in person, so it was nothing he did that rubbed off on me. I'll go sit in the corner now.

You.... You mean to tell me... sputter

That's it. You are OUT of the Shrine. I am calling for the immediate revocation of your membership, Rob. I'm sorry it's come to this but you know the rules. You are also seemingly indifferent to them as observed by your refusal to purchase a longarm.

Marlin model 60s are less than 150 bucks, man. You probably blow that in a weekend on trivial pigskin sports. Unless I see some immediate attempts on your part, I'm afraid you are going to be asked to leave.

Be governed accordingly.

Marlin model 60s are less than 150 bucks, man. You probably blow that in a weekend on trivial pigskin sports. Unless I see some immediate attempts on your part, I'm afraid you are going to be asked to leave.

Well, Christmas is coming up and my wife doesn't know what to get me..... And the LGS that was nearby, is now even more nearby, and they have an indoor range I haven't been to yet (don't start giving me heck about that, they closed up the old shop yesterday and are opening the new one tomorrow).

And sadly, I haven't been blowing any $$$ on anything trivial. First time in 6 years I didn't get my season tix to the old alma mater.

Fixing crap at my house lately. Gotta replace a floodlight fixture tonight. And the plumbing issue I started a thread about a while back. I've been redneck managing that one thus far.

I'mma gonna sig quote that one. Out of context, it could be hilarious.
  • cappy54cappy54 Member Posts: 269 Member
    Friend your too much :worthy: :beer: :hug:
    Robbs,

You're on shaky ground here. Do not gravedig or troll. I expect better from you. And to answer your question, get the Marlin 60. They are less expensive, and just as, if not more, accurate than Ruger 10/22. 10/22 owners kinda drink the Kool-Aid a bit, if you know what I mean. I think they are just in denial that a less expensive rifle will outshoot them.

Get back on topic.
    Robbs,

You're on shaky ground here. Do not gravedig or troll. I expect better from you. And to answer your question, get the Marlin 60. They are less expensive, and just as, if not more, accurate than Ruger 10/22. 10/22 owners kinda drink the Kool-Aid a bit, if you know what I mean. I think they are just in denial that a less expensive rifle will outshoot them.

Get back on topic.

I'm just trying to get my post count back up. Besides, we're on page 2 of replies now. To somehow get back on topic, while at the same time straying. I propose a new rule. Once you get past 40 replies, the thread is considered a free-for-all and a complete failure if someone hasn't hijacked it away from the original topic.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,020 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »

Exception to this rule...if said troll is running amok, defaming our heroes with unfounded slander, said troll will be executed on the spot regardless of the length of time he has been on the board.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Exception to this rule...if said troll is running amok, defaming our hero's with unfounded slander, said troll will be executed on the spot regardless of the length of time he has been on the board.

Appointing myself as our spokesperson (because I'm a narcissist) I will make our case to the benevolent Mods about letting us play with trolls. No promises.

On a side note, newbies take note: THIS is the Jayhawker I spoke of. Only he can divine the mystical secrets of proper barrel break-in. Direct your questions to him.
    I'm just trying to get my post count back up. Besides, we're on page 2 of replies now. To somehow get back on topic, while at the same time straying. I propose a new rule. Once you get past 40 replies, the thread is considered a free-for-all and a complete failure if someone hasn't hijacked it away from the original topic.

How about a rule that says you can't propose rules until you MAN UP.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    I know they have breasticles, but since when were chickens mammals?