Home Main Category Clubhouse

Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘Fat-Shame,’ ‘Butthurt’ and ‘Redditor’

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Here are a few, click for more.........sign of the times, I reckon.

http://time.com/4010748/oxford-dictionary-update-2015/

fatberg (noun): a very large mass of solid waste in a sewerage system, consisting especially of congealed fat and personal hygiene products that have been flushed down toilets

barbacoa (noun): (in Mexican cooking) beef, lamb, or other meat that has slowly been cooked with seasonings, typically shredded as a filling in tacos, burritos, etc.

butthurt (adjective): overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful

fur baby (noun): a person’s dog, cat, or other furry pet animal

hangry (adjective): bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger

mkay (exclamation): non-standard spelling of OK, representing an informal pronunciation (typically used at the end of a statement to invite agreement, approval, or confirmation)

Mx (noun): a title used before a person’s surname or full name by those who wish to avoid specifying their gender or by those who prefer not to identify themselves as male or female
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    My unspecified breed pet Mx. Whatever was hangry so I fed it a barbacoa. It didn't go well. It produced a fatberg and got butthurt badly. Ain't never doing that again mkay.

No wonder my English teacher used to read my papers, shake his head, laugh and point at me. By the way, all the terms are redlined by spell checker. Auwe!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    My unspecified breed pet Mx. Whatever was hangry so I fed it a barbacoa. It didn't go well. It produced a fatberg and got butthurt badly. Ain't never doing that again mkay.

No wonder my English teacher used to read my papers, shake his head, laugh and point at me. By the way, all the terms are redlined by spell checker. Auwe!

Long as it didn't get censored by the Redditor :tooth::rotflmao::rotflmao:

(noun): a registered user of the website Reddit
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,922 Senior Member
    CPJ will be happy to learn that butthurt is now a real word. Wonder when the spell check will not put a red line under it?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5