The US-Canadian Border. Does it Need A Wall?

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior MemberPosts: 2,725 Senior Member
The Governor of Wisconsin, Scott Walker, proposed building a wall along the US-Canadian Border in a political discussion on TV. Doesn't this sound crazy? I wouldn't waste 2 seconds worrying about something like this, and I bet the Governor really doesn't either, but.......

This brings something up that, IMO, very few know anything about. We all worry about how insecure the US-Mexican Border is, but to the best of my knowledge no foreign agent or political terrorists to date has been caught entered the USA by crossing over from Mexico. Canada, yes, but none from MEXICO! And this goes way back! During WWI and WWII German agents crossed out of Canada into the US, and this was usually in the New York/Vermont/Quebec area. Soviet agents....those who didn't fly directly into stateside airports....crossed from Canada. To date the one terrorists group that has been apprehended crossed over from Canada. Maybe we do need to build a wall....:uhm:

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    The BP is very active in MN, they had some assistance from the Army/NG after 9/11, mostly jackholes from IL and IA over their limits on fish, some drugs of course, pretty benign stuff according to some friends that were on loan up there from the Army, they worked the night shift so they could hit the morning bite fishing, they ate a lot of fish. The border is too huge and too remote up with Canada. If you are not white or Ojibwe, you stick out like a sore thumb in Northern MN, ND, and WI.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,760 Senior Member
    Prison labor. It worked for China.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,605 Senior Member
    We have needed to secure the US-Canadian border since Confederate Army 'commandos' secretly assembled in Canada for their attack on St. Albans, VT, in 1864.
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 384 Member
    ****..NO WALL..how else can we send you our rejects like Justiin Beiber and Celine Dion!!!!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    Flashover wrote: »
    ****..NO WALL..how else can we send you our rejects like Justiin Beiber and Celine Dion!!!!

All the more reason to build one. You forgot William Shatner.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician