Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cameraman and journalist shot and killed during live broadcast in VA

2»

Replies

• LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Saw it too. They may have noticed him (movement, etc) out of the corner of their eyes, but to watch him point the gun and they don't even notice it there...I don't mind saying that I wish I hadn't watched it.

When I dabbled in media arts at Wash U, we were taught to constantly pay attention to the red light, and where it was focused. I got tunnel vision after one semester, and these people were pros.

Considering his background, he knew that. It makes that POV vid he posted on Liveleak all the more gruesome. Dude waited until the cam panned back to her before he started shooting.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    From what I've heard about him and the people he worked with, everyone must have known this guy was mentally ill. Yet no one did anything about it. No word from the guy's family, if he had one. There is one sick SOB that Sharpton should be condemning right now. I hate crime pure and simple. Where is the outrage?

You didn't get the memo? Hate crimes don't apply to us white folks. Slavery and all.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    From what I've heard about him and the people he worked with, everyone must have known this guy was mentally ill. Yet no one did anything about it. No word from the guy's family, if he had one. There is one sick SOB that Sharpton should be condemning right now. I hate crime pure and simple. Where is the outrage?

What can anyone do about someone being mentally ill?

Definitely a hate crime.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    No such thing as a 'hate' crime. This is a crime, plain and simple. His motivation might be hate, but then again he may have just wanted the attention. Doesn't matter, 'hate crime' is just a convenient handle to hang on something in order to make others feel a certain way about it.

I think it Jayhawker who posted it a few years back...there are no surprises with these guys, only signs that were misunderstood or ignored entirely. In this case, I would say mostly ignored. It sounds like everybody knew he was a headcase, but so long as he wasn't their headcase, it was all good. Nobody was surprised to find out he was the shooter.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Man, Obammy, Pantsuit all the REP contenders have spoken out about the call for more gun control. Poor gal who got murdered father is talking about "Loopholes" although I feel sorry for him and his loss, he is barking up the wrong tree.

Not trying to diminish the loss of his daughter and the cameraman and I couldn't imagine how heartrending it must be for him and his family. However, two of our soldiers were killed in Afghanistan the other day by an Afghan who turned on them. Very little coverage besides a fleeting mention on any news channel. I know two of their "Own" were gunned down in a dramatic way with it all captured on video, but still I think about things like this and how they play out on the news.

I have stood on the side of the road many times in Afghanistan when a "Fallen Comrade" procession is held on Bagram Airfield. A hummer with a flag draped coffin rolls by to be loaded on an aircraft to be flown to Dover. That will put more than a lump in your throat.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    Now Facebook is awash with claims that this was a put up job by the TV station and that the two folks really aren't dead...an "expert" has dissected the shooting video and claims that since there are no signs of "impact" on the female, no blood and the fact that she ran off, the BG was shooting blanks...One of his buddies claims that a 9mm hollow point would have "torn her in half".... The one thing these idiots have yet to explain is; Where are these two rather well-known individuals going to disappear to for the rest of their lives? Let's see -how many people would have to keep their mouths shut to pull off this conspiracy to grab our guns?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Now Facebook is awash with claims that this was a put up job by the TV station and that the two folks really aren't dead...an "expert" has dissected the shooting video and claims that since there are no signs of "impact" on the female, no blood and the fact that she ran off, the BG was shooting blanks...One of his buddies claims that a 9mm hollow point would have "torn her in half".... The one thing these idiots have yet to explain is; Where are these two rather well-known individuals going to disappear to for the rest of their lives? Let's see -how many people would have to keep their mouths shut to pull off this conspiracy to grab our guns?

Yeah, a guy called in to local talk radio and said basically the same thing...claimed the same for Sandy Hook. All a government sham. I guess there is no accounting for crazy.:silly:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I wonder if the funerals will be made public?
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Yeah, a guy called in to local talk radio and said basically the same thing...claimed the same for Sandy Hook. All a government sham. I guess there is no accounting for crazy.:silly:

Aluminum Foil sales have gone up!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    I wonder if the funerals will be made public?

I certainly hope not!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • ThompsonSubThompsonSub New Member Posts: 26 New Member
    Now news stations are going to have to hire security for out in the field reporting. I think this might inspire other people to do the same thing. What a world we live in...