Obama to rename Mt. McKinley to 'Denali' during Alaska trip that focuses on climate c

2»

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    ........For instance... the trip is not to rename the mountain, that's incidental............

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34109681

"US President Barack Obama will trek through the wilderness in Alaska this week with British TV adventurer Bear Grylls, the NBC channel has announced.

He is due to tape an episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls to observe the effects of climate change on the area, it said."

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    Actually, I overlooked your point. My apologies.

I am wondering if this administration is using the hatred of some folks to its advantage. We talk about misdirection and changing perceptions to distract and dissuade during concealed carry. Wonder if that applies to politics?

It applies to everything. Even honest people will allow others to delude themselves, if it benefits their agenda...or so I've heard.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,838 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It applies to everything. Even honest people will allow others to delude themselves, if it benefits their agenda...or so I've heard.
    Agreed, but possibly not on the same scale.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34109681

"US President Barack Obama will trek through the wilderness in Alaska this week with British TV adventurer Bear Grylls, the NBC channel has announced.

He is due to tape an episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls to observe the effects of climate change on the area, it said."

I vote for the trip with Bear be on Admirality Island. Nice and safe there this time of year. :tooth:
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,521 Senior Member
    May be a distraction and I heard on the news the REPs are gonna bring it up in Congress saying they have to vote on a name change, not Sec of Int or the presidents call???

As if there weren't OTHER more pressing things they need to focus on right now, like the Iran Deal, the Economy and a host of others.

Obammy bypassed them more or less with Iran the way they engineered getting the UN to approve it first, maybe he will let them get involved in this most important decision so they will will feel important again. I mean, he does what he wants practically anyway and runs circles around them using presidential decree. Congress has relinquished too much of their duties and power to the presidents over the years.

Even though they sorta let it go on for some time (both sides) they need to reel in the Executive Branch.

Hail King Obama :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,738 Senior Member
    Next it will be Obamaha, NE.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,237 Senior Member

As to the map thing, you simply go into the program code, and hit backspace until Mckinley disappears, and then you type Denali. They update maps, and mapping software all the time.

Now could we please get back to being concerned about a real problem.

Yeah.....pretty much this.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,345 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    And America was called something else long before European explorers .........this could go on and on and on..............
    That is why we have tons and tons of stuff with Indian names around Michigan (which came from the Ojibwa word for "large water").
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,345 Senior Member
    And if they renamed Mackinaw Island something like "Jimmy Carter Island" I would want it changed back too!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,521 Senior Member
    Obammy speak with forked tongue :tooth::roll2::roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
2»