Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Looks like Rick Perry is throwing in the towel..........

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
On TV now. Makes what 16 left?
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,867 Senior Member
    What a surprise. His campaign cash dried up 2 weeks ago.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,692 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,812 Senior Member
    Too bad. I probably wasn't going to vote for him, but he was a good governor.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Too bad. I probably wasn't going to vote for him, but he was a good governor.

Mans gotta know his limitations...................he was a good GOV and the cards just didn't fall in place this cycle (or the others) to stand out and make a good go at the nomination.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    He would likely have been a pretty good president, but the media would have had a field day with him. Better to have someone that is 'quick on their feet' in the spontaneity department. Perry had to rely on canned responses to media attacks. It's why I prefer Cruz - he speaks without notes and knows and understands the Constitution, in detail. That is the thing he brings to the race, along with a message that hasn't changed since he ran for office the first time. I could never quite get over the fact that Perry was a Democrat that backed Al Gore back in the '80's when he was running for president as a conservative Democrat.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    He would likely have been a pretty good president, but the media would have had a field day with him. Better to have someone that is 'quick on their feet' in the spontaneity department. Perry had to rely on canned responses to media attacks. It's why I prefer Cruz - he speaks without notes and knows and understands the Constitution, in detail. That is the thing he brings to the race, along with a message that hasn't changed since he ran for office the first time. I could never quite get over the fact that Perry was a Democrat that backed Al Gore back in the '80's when he was running for president as a conservative Democrat.

I'm wondering why he didn't give speeches like this in his short campaign?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvwVi93wRs This had to be some of his best words. To say he's inspiring here, is an understatement.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,715 Senior Member
    Good article on Perry's campaign failing and how it signals a possible low point for the Republican Party.

http://theweek.com/articles/576727/travesty-rick-perrys-failed-campaign
    Overkill is underrated.
    Good article. Perry would have been a contender, without Trump's showmanship.

Most conservatives were thinking Governors, before they got a chance at a celebrity.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,867 Senior Member
    It is more likely that Perry's problems resulted from the political witch hunt by the democrap politicians in Austin, TX who want to send him to jail for doing his job as governor.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,715 Senior Member
    Good article. Perry would have been a contender, without Trump's showmanship.

Most conservatives were thinking Governors, before they got a chance at a celebrity.
    I think Perry figured if the steak was good enough you didn't need the sizzle. Trump, I think, is a lot of sizzle and no steak.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    Rick never stood a chance from the get go.
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress