Home Main Category Clubhouse

Muslim kid's electronic "clock" a hoax!

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
The big flap about the kid who supposedly got arrested for bringing a home-brewed electronic clock to school is falling apart. It seems the kid actually dismantled a digital clock sold by Radio Shack about 30 years ago and put it into a briefcase or something similar. Obummer stuck his foot in his mouth over the situation, and a few offers of scholarships, internships, etc. with high tech companies look pretty silly right about now.

Ain't it funny when these liberals step in a load of crap while trying to be PC? I love it!
:devil:
Jerry

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    They say there are at least two Go Fund Me accounts set up by his parents and whoever for his college fund.............wonder if they set up a GFM for the little one who chewed his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun and all the others.......................who were not Muslim/minority and not invited to the WH.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,453 Senior Member
    One look at the circuit board screams mass produced. Finally got to see a better picture of it. Homemade circuit boards are rarely silk screened with component placement information. I never did when I laid out my own and etched them in ferric chloride solution.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    One look at the circuit board screams mass produced. Finally got to see a better picture of it.

Just one look and you can tell.

arvin%2B35r48%2Binside.JPG

It's a setup. :p
    shush wrote: »
    Just one look and you can tell.

arvin%2B35r48%2Binside.JPG

It's a setup. :p

I've got an AM and an AM/FM version of those squirreled away upstairs. When the Iranians blow up a nuclear device over us and blow out all the solid state stuff with an EMP, I'm set to listen in while I load magazines. I have a few sets of spare tubes on hand, too.

And all y'all need to get familiar with a Faraday cage for storing a few items to protect them from an EMP. It's so simple even Buffy could do it! :tooth:

http://get.smarter.com/qa/science/make-faraday-cage-57bb699af1a89dd1?ad=semD&an=msn_s&am=broad&o=32272
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,939 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Sorry but I must ask... Who will be transmitting out of what after that EMP burst? :tooth:

How are we supposed to get directions to the capitol of Wambliville if YOU are not broadcasting?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,299 Senior Member
    Sorry but I must ask... Who will be transmitting out of what after that EMP burst? :tooth:

A pair of GMRS radios with a solar charger will make you king when no one else has communications.

well, maybe not king, but a midlevel nobel. Like a duke or something.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member

The Iranians, duh.

A lot of Ham radio equipment is still analog, if they have power, they could still be transmitting. The MARS network too I think. Don't forget the preppers who put farady cages around their electronics.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Y'all don't get out much, do ya! :roll2: You got two younguns in the military. Might want to talk to them about such things. The military was well aware of the EMP effect and how to counteract it back when I was in Uncle Elmo's Canoe Club. I'm pretty sure they have progressed to better systems since then. Ship has still got to sail, radar and missiles got to work. We had regular drills on that stuff. Fed Gov will be back on the air after the EMP dissipates, and you can bet the farm on that. Vital military and national security communications are hardened against that threat. And geosynchronous satellites are too far away to be affected.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,089 Senior Member
    grandfather%20clock_zpsscmn1vsd.png

:jester:
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Gee, A lying Muslim named Muhamed....who would have thought? Is the invitation to the White...I mean Rainbow House still open? The parents must be so proud!