Home Main Category Hunting

Double lung the way it is done!

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,238 Senior Member
Filled my first antlerless tag tonight. Perfect broad side bow shot that took out both lungs. Doesn't get any better than that. They drop quick and you don't waste any meat. The freezer is filling fast this year.

antlerless2015.jpg

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Can't beat that with a stick. Good job.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    That's how ya do it! Nice work. A solid double-lunger with a good broadhead seldom lets them get much more than 100 yards after the strike, often significantly less.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,238 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    That's how ya do it! Nice work. A solid double-lunger with a good broadhead seldom lets them get much more than 100 yards after the strike, often significantly less.

20 yards, and done. I have to tell you it feels pretty darn good to get the first one under the belt for the year.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,090 Senior Member
    Congrats :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Can't beat that with a stick. Good job.

Thank you sir. Have to put a plug in for Nock Out Lighted Nocks, this is the first year I have used this brand and they are game on. Very reliable and simple to use compared to others on the market. If you are bow hunting, I would highly recommend this invaluable tool, especially for low light conditions. Worked like a charm, you can see right where the arrow enters the animal and walk right to you arrow after the shot.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    twa wrote: »
    20 yards, and done. I have to tell you it feels pretty darn good to get the first one under the belt for the year.

It's crazy how much it can vary from deer to deer. That one I hit with a crossbow last season had a ginormous hole in his lungs and went 120 freaking yards into the worst stuff in the area. Then you see them like the one you hit get the same treatment and go down fast. It's nuts.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Damn you knocked half her hide off! That is some shooting.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    It's crazy how much it can vary from deer to deer. That one I hit with a crossbow last season had a ginormous hole in his lungs and went 120 freaking yards into the worst stuff in the area. Then you see them like the one you hit get the same treatment and go down fast. It's nuts.

I am with you, every animal is different. I almost feel like the shock of a heavier arrow helps at times. I went to a heavier arrow a few years back and have not looked back.
    Damn you knocked half her hide off! That is some shooting.

Yep, half the cleaning was already done. :jester:
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    Well done!
    Keep that up and you might have to get yourself a bigger freezer.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    Well done!
    Keep that up and you might have to get yourself a bigger freezer.

Thank you Sir....and I have 3 freezers....I should be good. :tooth:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Fresh venison means fondue night at our house:drool:, nicely done. Did you hang her up in the front yard or the back yard?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Fresh venison means fondue night at our house:drool:, nicely done. Did you hang her up in the front yard or the back yard?

Thank you! Front Yard Overland Park, KS - you have to know Overland Park, KS to understand....I get some weird looks for sure. 2nd one hanging this week. Yep, I am a redneck to my neighbors. :tooth:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Thank you! Front Yard Overland Park, KS - you have to know Overland Park, KS to understand....I get some weird looks for sure. 2nd one hanging this week. Yep, I am a redneck to my neighbors. :tooth:

Screw the Neighbors, they need to feel honored they live so close to such talent! LOL!!!

Anyway, That's just Awesome, totally Awesome!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Screw the Neighbors, they need to feel honored they live so close to such talent! LOL!!!

Anyway, That's just Awesome, totally Awesome!!!

My sentiments exactly Snake!! HA Ha - thanks buddy.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Congrats :up:

Thank you knitepoet!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    Congrats
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN wrote: »
    Congrats

Thank you Sir!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,906 Senior Member
    Congratulations
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member

Atta boy:cool2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Congratulations

Thank you Diver!
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Atta boy:cool2:

Yeah, they love me! (some not so much)