Home Main Category Clubhouse

How I deal with screaming kids

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Looking at that drink Buffy is holding, it reminds me of the boiler bottoms after the boiler is drained from a long period of shutdown, and the foam from the organic stuff that collected at the wastewater pond discharge. Because of that, whatever he's holding is something I wouldn't drink. The visual in my head would bring up the above, and the subsequent combined smell. :vomit:

Yea, looks like Boiler Blow Down after water sat in a shut down boiler for six months.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    For those who missed it, it's a White Russian. Vodka, Kahlua, and cream. (Or milk if you ain't got no cream)
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Do you raise your pinky finger while drinking it? Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on the rocks is the way to go! (Unless there's some Popcorn's Revenge available!)
    Jerry
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,492 Senior Member
    On the rocks means you have a marble counter right?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Here is a tip on the screaming kids:

If they believe that no one can hear them, they don't scream. Send them to the furthest room and tell them to shut the door and don't come back till they are happy again. This often requires sending Mama to the furthest room in the other direction, and the grandparents home, if they are interfering. When all is well, again, show no remorse, or you will have to repeat the exercise much more often.

While this medicine is being administered, you may need three fingers of single malt scotch (neat) and a cheap cigar, while you sit in your rocker on the front porch and ponder the depths of cruelty required to administer it.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,841 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Dude that's not my color.
    White with pink flowers?
    Teach wrote: »
    Do you raise your pinky finger while drinking it? Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on the rocks is the way to go! (Unless there's some Popcorn's Revenge available!)
    Jerry
    I just can't handle plain whiskey. I love Jack Daniels but I have to sweeten it with a little coke.
    cpj wrote: »
    I've never had a White Russian. But I want to. I like all of the ingredients. Kahlua is da-bomb.
    Next time we meet, I'll make you one. Cream is much better than milk.
    On the rocks means you have a marble counter right?
    Slate tile. Installed it myself, so, man points?
    bisley wrote: »
    Here is a tip on the screaming kids:

If they believe that no one can hear them, they don't scream. Send them to the furthest room and tell them to shut the door and don't come back till they are happy again. This often requires sending Mama to the furthest room in the other direction, and the grandparents home, if they are interfering. When all is well, again, show no remorse, or you will have to repeat the exercise much more often.

While this medicine is being administered, you may need three fingers of single malt scotch (neat) and a cheap cigar, while you sit in your rocker on the front porch and ponder the depths of cruelty required to administer it.
    I'm dealing with twin 18 month old boys. They don't even know what "room" means. I find giving them food and drink helps until mama gets home.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,183 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    That would be a black and tan, which is nothing but pale ale with Guiness spigotted in on top over an upside down spoon causing it not to mix and it has a definite Isthmus.

Too foamy for a Black and Tan....and you need to be careful HOW you order it in certain locales...safer to order a "Half & Half" One of my favorite ways to imbibe by the way....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Ever try mixing some strawberry yoohoo in there?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Too foamy for a Black and Tan....and you need to be careful HOW you order it in certain locales...safer to order a "Half & Half" One of my favorite ways to imbibe by the way....

Yeah, I realize that, but back in the day I was the Wizzard of Black & Tans. When you first put the two together they can be awfully foamy depending on what kind of pale ale you use. But you're right, when it settles down it will be almost clear. I just threw black and tan out because nobody was getting anything out of Buffy as to what it was.

Ah, also, hehehe, something evidently slipped by us both, and especially me in my dislecsic stupor. That's opposite of a black and tan. The Black would be on the top, not the bottom.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    For those who missed it, it's a White Russian. Vodka, Kahlua, and cream. (Or milk if you ain't got no cream)

Oh heck, I was thunking you could just dip their pacifiers in Budweiser or something :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I'm dealing with twin 18 month old boys. They don't even know what "room" means. I find giving them food and drink helps until mama gets home.

And you, the PC pop who won't let tobacco smoke in the house with your kids are feeding them VODKA??? How ingenious. Great Idea. I fed mine red wine coolers was all. BUT NOT WHEN THEY WERE 18 Months old for Christ sakes, :nono::nono::nono:

Wait til they're at least two years old...:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 395 Member
    Close. You're dangerously close to a rodgering.

Black YoHoo ??
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Jerry

The last Popcorn's Revenge I had was smooth as silk and went down like spring water....................and then it kicked in. :tooth: GOOD stuff, and then some. :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Jerry

I don't think I'm cultured enough to appreciate something that goes by the name of "Popcorn's Revenge." And I have been "Cultured" in the fine art of MoonShine in a mason jar before.
    As a side note, one of my Episcopal Priests who spent the entire month of July in Oregon, said while he loved the Oregon Countryside he didn't think he was Politically Correct enough to live there. He said they even use Gluten Free Communion Wine. He said he didn't see how you could get enough Gluten from a teaspoon full of Wine to hurt you.
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Ever try mixing some strawberry yoohoo in there?

That's probably illegal in 56 states, er... the Prez said there were 57 didn't he?
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    As a side note, one of my Episcopal Priests who spent the entire month of July in Oregon, said while he loved the Oregon Countryside he didn't think he was Politically Correct enough to live there. He said they even use Gluten Free Communion Wine. He said he didn't see how you could get enough Gluten from a teaspoon full of Wine to hurt you.

The whole gluten free craze is a bunch of bunny hugger marketing crap. Glutens occur naturally in wheat and some other grains and are only bad for people that have celiac disease. That's about 1% of the population. The rest of us need the nutrients found in grains that contain gluten.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    It appears neither shaken or stirred.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,790 Senior Member
    I just can't handle plain whiskey. I love Jack Daniels but I have to sweeten it with a little coke.
    Definitely, and I don't care if it's pussified.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,523 Senior Member
    Definitely, and I don't care if it's pussified.
    Yeah, but you're more, ah, mature, and you're from North of the Manson-Nixon Line, so it's to be expected, and accepted.

Buffco doesn't even like Coke, he prefers Pepsi. His Southern credentials are highly suspect. Highly.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Yeah, but you're more, ah, mature, and you're from North of the Manson-Nixon Line, so it's to be expected, and accepted.

Buffco doesn't even like Coke, he prefers Pepsi. His Southern credentials are highly suspect. Highly.

I did not know that about Buffy. Hmmmmmmmmm..............that , as you say, makes his Southern credentials highly suspect for sure and certain. That's just all kinds of wrong! :silly: Adds light onto his Strawberry YooHoo affectation, though! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,841 Senior Member
    Whacha talking about
    Pepsi was first made in New Bern NC

Long as ya call it coke as in " Ya want a coke, what flavor do ya want"; drinking Pepsi is southern :popcorn:
    The University of Tennessee is up to their old tricks again. Get a good lead during the first half and fritter it away in the second half. They seem to be past masters at snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,523 Senior Member
    Me likey. I thought UF lost that game, and that the coach was a fool for the time out on the game-ending field goal attempt. And the retry was clooooooooooooooooooooose.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,790 Senior Member

Manson-Dixon line, huh? I just happen to like the taste of Coke better than Pepsi, otherwise it might be Pepsi. Mountain due is a Pepsi product I like, but JD would taste like crap in that stuff.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Slate tile. Installed it myself, so, man points?

Naw, no man points for you!!! Sweeten Jack Danials with Coke? Where I got my man card they'd take you out behind the barn for that!!!

That's also the ruination of great whiskey. What we did in my circle of friends was either drink it neat or on the rocks. Now Jack Daniels is great right out of the bottle if you stick the whole bottle in the refrigerator for about a day. It makes great shots. But if you don't like the full burn of the whiskey, take a full pint glass and scoop up ice to about an inch from the top and pour in the Jack to cover the ice. Then set it aside and let it melt a bit of the ice and chill the whiskey down to the temperature of the ice and sip. I used to go out to my Son in Law's grandfather's house and a bunch of local musicians would be Pickin Bluegrass. His grandfather's well was famous for the great water that it held. I loved to use their ice and then just dribble a little of that well water on top of the ice. OMG that was Jack at his finest.

To learn to sip whiskey just take your time and sip slowly and you will soon fall in love with the nectar of the gods, which is good bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey, sans Coke.