Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Pay close attention.....

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,534 Senior Member
Watch what is going on in Syria. Watch the What House rhetoric about the moves being made.

ISIS is about to be the least of the issue.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Watch what is going on in Syria. Watch the What House rhetoric about the moves being made.

Putin and everybody and their dog knows with Do Nothing Obummer in the White House they can do as they wish in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world. The World's mad dogs have suspected this all along but wanted to test the waters thoroughly before they proceeded to actually take some Real Estate.

It's kind of like Hitler did with Chamberlain, he wanted to KNOW that Chamberlain was really the fool he suspected before he started taking Europe.

He just didn't know about the next cartridge in the magazine, Churchill, who wasn't a fool and didn't back down. Maybe we have such a cartridge, IF we can get it chambered in time.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    The Russians are moving in in a big way. They lost a lot of client states during the cold war. Syria is their new soon to be client state. When, not if, Russia moves in a bunch of troops, things will get might interesting.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    The Russians are moving in in a big way. They lost a lot of client states during the cold war. Syria is their new soon to be client state. When, not if, Russia moves in a bunch of troops, things will get might interesting.

Yeah, and the reason all the bad guys are moving about with designs upon the world is because we have a nutless wonder in the White House.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Would it be so bad if they latched onto the arab / muslim / radical Islam problem? We can buy oil from Russia... it is fine by me! And I don't think they want Israel removed either... They would put a quick end to ISIS.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Would it be so bad if they latched onto the arab / muslim / radical Islam problem? We can buy oil from Russia... it is fine by me! And I don't think they want Israel removed either... They would put a quick end to ISIS.

D

That's one way of lookin at it. At least they'd keep ISIS down to a dull roar and we wouldn't have to deal with it.
    But I just don't like Russia, at least Russia led by Putin, controlling anything outside of their own borders.w

What's sad, all the good Ronald Reagan's and the Bush's administrations did and Obummer is going to undo it all in 8 years.

I don't mind change if it at least promises some good but I don' like it when it makes things go from bad to worse.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Yeah... I don't trust Putin. I get the impression he's angling for a Soviet-level of world influence. Kinda figure he's angling to establish his new version of the Warsaw Pact. And yes, I know that a lot of the former members are in NATO.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ........ Syria is their new soon to be client state. When, not if, Russia moves in a bunch of troops, things will get might interesting.
    BigDanS wrote: »
    ...... They would put a quick end to ISIS....D

The Soviet–Afghan War?

Muslim warriors?

They came out of that really well, heh?
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Russia can't afford to make to much trouble, their economy is in the tank. Even so, I say let them have it. Let ISIS play games with them. They probably won't like the result.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    shush wrote: »
    The Soviet–Afghan War?

Muslim warriors?

They came out of that really well, heh?

That was then, and this is now. Maybe they have a better plan this time. :roll2:

The old USSR had most of the North African countries and quite a few Middle Eastern countries on their client list, supplying arms and 'military advisers'. When the USSR finally imploded, they cut them off, for the most part. And we stepped in until Obama took office and played with his short arm, and pulled out prematurely. :roll2: Putin is filling a power vacuum that Obama created. A new 'cold war' is on the horizon for the region. WE screwed up Libya, left Egypt hanging in the breeze, and let Syria and Iraq implode, and our presence in Afghanistan isn't looking so good. Putin is going in to this power vacuum with nothing good for us in mind. Other Gulf states are imploding leaving a power vacuum. Putin to the rescue.

My take on it is that things are going to get right interesting in the region if I'm right about what Putin is up to in this mess. And let's remember that the U.S. doesn't have any real Navy presence in the Mediterranean anymore. And Russia is filling that void, too.
    ― Douglas Adams
    That was then, and this is now. Maybe they have a better plan this time. :roll2:.....

The First Anglo-Afghan War 1839–42

The Second Anglo-Afghan War 1878–80.

The Third Anglo-Afghan War May 1919 and ended with an armistice August 1919.

Not to mention the latest debacle, Iraq and ISIS of course.

Do they count, being Nato?

We had a 'better plan' each time. :devil:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    It's kind of like Hitler did with Chamberlain, he wanted to KNOW that Chamberlain was really the fool he suspected before he started taking Europe.
    THANK YOU!!!

I've been saying EXACTLY this for the last 3 years, Putin is taking EVERYTHING line by line from "Mein Kampf" and "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich". EXACTLY.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Russia can't afford to make to much trouble, their economy is in the tank
    So was Germany's in the 1920s and early 30s.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba wrote: »

These millions will not go to the shower houses quietly.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    These millions will not go to the shower houses quietly.
    The bulk of the populous appears to be doing so for ISIS.
    The First Anglo-Afghan War 1839–42

The Second Anglo-Afghan War 1878–80.

The Third Anglo-Afghan War May 1919 and ended with an armistice August 1919.

Not to mention the latest debacle, Iraq and ISIS of course.

Do they count, being Nato?

We had a 'better plan' each time. :devil:

You can bet with full assurance that Russia will get payment for their 'aid' in the form of bases in some countries, and arms sales. Russia wasted no time selling long range missiles to Iran. They are right cozy with the Iranian government.

Who is the NATO member(s) of which you speak? Turkey?
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    ...Who is the NATO member(s) of which you speak? Turkey?

ISAF, a NATO-led security mission in Afghanistan,

United States, United Kingdom, other NATO member states. :uhm:
    The bulk of the populous appears to be doing so for ISIS.

ISIS is not a foreign invading force.
    ISAF, a NATO-led security mission in Afghanistan,

United States, United Kingdom, other NATO member states. :uhm:

Your original post was too cryptic to decipher. Makes sense now. The ISAF isn't big enough to make a difference. Just putting too few good people in an untenable situation. And the good people are getting picked off because they are outnumbered and saddled with unworkable rules of engagement.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    eh, global hegemony is way too expensive and rarely lasts for long. It's not really a natural state of the world. If Putin wants to waste Russian blood and treasure in that sand pit, go for it. Maybe they'll eventually start sending their suicide bombers east instead of west. Yeah I get that we need to keep an eye on Putin and Russia and how much power and influence they gain, but in this day in age economic power is far more important than military influence.

True enough, but history is rife with examples of folks who thought that military conquest was EXACTLY what was needed to gain their own economic power. Power brokers rarely care how they get their power, they just want to ensure that they do indeed get it...even at the expense of future failures for the countries they represent.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    eh, global hegemony is way too expensive and rarely lasts for long. It's not really a natural state of the world. If Putin wants to waste Russian blood and treasure in that sand pit, go for it. Maybe they'll eventually start
    sending their suicide bombers east instead of west. Yeah I get that we need to keep an eye on Putin and Russia and how much power and influence they gain, but in this day in age economic power is far more important than military influence.

While you were excelling in math and science in school, probably burning midnight oil, you must have been getting your sleep during history class.....:tooth:
    Whatever is going to happen it will happen soon. there's a little over 13 months until the 2016 elections and then about 78 days give or take a couple until inauguration day. A lot can happen in that bit of time. That's a long time to have to put up with Obummer. He can still do a lot of damage.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    You can bet with full assurance that Russia will get payment for their 'aid' in the form of bases in some countries, and arms sales. Russia wasted no time selling long range missiles to Iran. They are right cozy with the Iranian government.

Who is the NATO member(s) of which you speak? Turkey?
    Turkey joined NATO in 1952. These are former Warsaw Pact and Yugoslavian countries now NATO members.

Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Poland

Bulgaria
    Estonia
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia

Albania
    Croatia
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Maybe Russia wants to join NATO..... that would be a hoot!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Our resident libtard seems to adhere to the standard communist talking point- - - - -"Yes, therer have been setbacks, but this time we're going to do it RIGHT!"
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Russians have always been our adversaries, even when they were our allies. They know this, accept it, and exploit it to the fullest. They view us as being weaker because we don't preserve our power from one election to the next. They know us better than we know ourselves. We used to know them, too, but we declared victory when the Soviet Union fell, and started pretending that the world was just one big happy family. It ain't -never will be.
    zorba wrote: »

Exactly. And dictators aren't really worried about their people so they will always have enough money and resources to do their evil deeds at the expense of their people. The old soviet empire, like Hitler before, only folded because they could no longer fund their military and were afraid we would come change their government or rather regime so they threw in the towel because they believed that we were developing weapons and other systems with which they coudln't compete.
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Turkey joined NATO in 1952. These are former Warsaw Pact and Yugoslavian countries now NATO members.

Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Poland

Bulgaria
    Estonia
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia

Albania
    Croatia

Knew about them, but I was considering the Middle East and North African countries. As in majority Muslim.

Regarding Turkey, and them being a NATO ally for a good while, we may see them asking for help against ISIS/ISIL/batscat crazy barbarians sooner than later. ISIS/ISIL/poopyheads are making inroads with designs on taking them over for their caliphate.

And Iran and Russia are stirring the pot pretty briskly. Interesting times.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Knew about them, but I was considering the Middle East

I would like Israel to join Nato, that would be very, very :fan:

http://www.themideastbeast.com/israel-join-nato/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/when-israel-joins-nato/17427

Well they first joined the Eurovision Song Contest in 1973. :tooth:
    I would like Israel to join Nato, that would be very, very :fan:

http://www.themideastbeast.com/israel-join-nato/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/when-israel-joins-nato/17427

Well they first joined the Eurovision Song Contest in 1973. :tooth:

Stirring the pot, are we??!! :roll2: Not a bad idea at first blush. They would be a good ally, I think, in NATO. If Israel can swing it, it would be a good thing for them. With them being in NATO, Iran would pitch a hissy fit; if they jumped Israel, then the NATO members would be obliged to pound Iran into dust. That would make for a bad thing, I think, but maybe not. The other gulf states might like seeing Iran get smacked into next year. They don't like the idea of a nuclear armed Iran any more than the West does. :confused:
    ― Douglas Adams