Home Main Category Clubhouse

Went to a car show today!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 8,041 Senior Member
My neighbor called me last week and asked me to enter my car in a car show. I've never had my car at a show, but it was for charity and I accepted. Beautiful day and some really nice cars. Judging was done by the car owners so I know I got at least one vote!!:tooth:
ry%3D400 My '68 Buick LeSabre. It's feeding time!!(That's nor me in the pic)

ry%3D400 My friends T-bucket

ry%3D480 He also has a couple early 70's El Camino's, and a 1970 SS454 Chevelle convertible with the lightning rod shifter.

ry%3D400 Original 1932 Ford

ry%3D400 1963 Nova 396, AWESOME!!

ry%3D400 My favorite for sure!! 350 dual quads, four speed. Owner has had the car since 1968. Most marriage's don't last that long!!

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,534 Senior Member
    The T-bucket, Nova, and '57 Chebbie.... Yes, please!

Love your Buick and a friend had a cool one, but growing up and being into 'rods and street machines, those just sing to me.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    The T-bucket, Nova, and '57 Chebbie.... Yes, please!

Love your Buick and a friend had a cool one, but growing up and being into 'rods and street machines, those just sing to me.

Unless I missed something that's not an Olds, it's a Buick. I had one like it but a 67.

Wait a minute here. Something strange going on. In the post it says I love your olds. But when I hit reply with quote it quoted as saying " I love your Buick"

What's with that?

Gotcha!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I made a mistake and edited it.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,793 Senior Member
    I'm drooling over those beauties!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,041 Senior Member
    Ya all may remember my Cutlass!!:tissue:

ry%3D400
    I'm drooling over those beauties!

My favorite of all the oldies is not the 55 through 57 Chevy, but rather 59 through 62 Pontiacs. I like all of em up through 61, but in 62 I would prefer a Star Chief or Bonneville. They had the strong 4 speed hydro, 389-421. Even the 2 barrel version of the 389 would run like a speckled ass ape.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Big Al1 wrote: »

ry%3D400

Oh yeah, which one was she???

Or is that a Cutlass with a Hooter's girl under the hood?

____________________________:love::win::wink:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    That was a sweet ride....

What was the engine on the Olds, and what's in the Buick?
    Overkill is underrated.

I think the Buick was a 350. The olds I think was 400CI. I'm just guessing and will let Big Al confirm or correct. My 67 Lesabre had a 340 CI. 4 Barrel and Turbo 400 trans.

The Olds was a 350V2, the Buick is a 350V4 about 280 HP. Just had the engine re-built and it runs great! That was the biggest engine in a LeSabre that year, but they had the Wildcat, which was the same body style with a 455.

You may notice that in the Olds picture my hands are in my pockets, saved a lot of splainin'!!
    The Olds was a 350V2, the Buick is a 350V4 about 280 HP. Just had the engine re-built and it runs great! That was the biggest engine in a LeSabre that year, but they had the Wildcat, which was the same body style with a 455.

You may notice that in the Olds picture my hands are in my pockets, saved a lot of splainin'!!

And you're sure it wasn't PhotoChopped?___:tooth:

Also, what was in the Olds 442? Wasn't it like a 400 CI? That's what I had your Cutlass mixed up with.

My Lesabre was a 67 and had ten less cubes and about 13 less HP. It was also a 4 barrel.
    I remember spending quite some time one day trying to explain to someone that the 350 Olds, Buick, Chevy, and Pontiac WERE NOT the same engines, at least not in the 60's. It was fruitless. The engines were good and reliable.

A friend had a 401 nailhead in his LeSabre/Wildcat.
    Overkill is underrated.
    snake284 wrote: »

Also, what was in the Olds 442? Wasn't it like a 400 CI? That's what I had your Cutlass mixed up with.
    Originally it was a 4-barrel carb, 4-speed manual transmission, and a dual exhaust. A friend had a '68, orange, that we called the Great Pumpkin. His had a 400 and a 3-speed automatic.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Originally, "4-4-2" stood for 4 barrel- - - 4 speed- - - -dual exhaust. The engine was a 330-something cubic inch. The next year (1968?) got a 400 cubic inch engine. The Pontiac GTO of the same vintage was supposed to be a little faster, but the Olds was no slouch.
    Jerry
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,110 Senior Member
    Luvin' that T-bucket!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I think the Nova got 1st place.
    Teach wrote: »
    Originally, "4-4-2" stood for 4 barrel- - - 4 speed- - - -dual exhaust. The engine was a 330-something cubic inch. The next year (1968?) got a 400 cubic inch engine. The Pontiac GTO of the same vintage was supposed to be a little faster, but the Olds was no slouch.
    Jerry

The GTO started life with a 389 and stayed that way for a couple years, then in 67 the same basic engine became a 400. I think that influenced the up swing for them all. The Goat as we called them in 66 in its more generic form I think would outrun the later models. But the decked out models were pretty bad ass. I liked the 66 with 3x2 barrels and a Borge Warner close ration four speed gear box on 4:10 rear end. With street slicks that thing would grab some asphalt and squirt like a watermelon seed. They make cars with more advertised HP nowadays, but I think they get their performance from being so light. But those ol' iron horses would transport a lot of matter
    "Muy Rapido!"

Quarter Milers depend more on Torque than just HP.

It's a balance of torque, horse power, gear ratios, and weight, with a lot of emphasis on Torque.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I like your Buick, the T-bucket, and the '57 Chevy. Nice old iron horses. That Nova is no slouch, but a 283 HiPo engine would be more than enough for it. Poor little thing would burn the rear tires down to the rims if you laid into it!

Tell the owner of the T-bucket to buy that driver a bacon double cheezeburger, fries, and a malt. That poor thing is positively anorexic! :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    I like your Buick, the T-bucket, and the '57 Chevy. Nice old iron horses. That Nova is no slouch, but a 283 HiPo engine would be more than enough for it. Poor little thing would burn the rear tires down to the rims if you laid into it!

Tell the owner of the T-bucket to buy that driver a bacon double cheezeburger, fries, and a malt. That poor thing is positively anorexic! :roll2:[/QUOTE]

That's actually Ron, I keep telling him he's to skinny, and he needs a new hair style!!:rotflmao:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Cool looking cars Al, thanks fer sharing.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!