Home Main Category Clubhouse

Tactical Hair Brush

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 16,131 Senior Member
I bought these for my wife and daughters. Better than a sharp stick because they are made out of Zytel. The ladies usually carry a hair brush in their purse anyway, so it might as well be one of these. The brush works just like a normal brush. Nobody can tell the difference until you pull out the handle. The end is a nice stiff pointy thing. I highly recommend one if you, or someone you love has hair.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/611259/cold-steel-honey-comb-dagger-fixed-blade-tactical-knife-35-spear-point-zytel-blade-and-handle-conceals-in-comb-sheath

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coldsteelarizona.com%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2Fthumbs%2F0000085_honey_comb.jpeg&f=1
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fa8%2Ff9%2F79%2Fa8f9793ce461112123566b96293ca9a5.jpg&f=1
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
-Thomas Paine

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Just don't ask them if they are having a bad hair day! :yikes::yikes::tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Jeremy, from recent photos I've seen of you, you should probably keep one for yourself.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    :wink:
    -Thomas Paine
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Prolly shouldn't be trying to get on a plane with one of those or :fan:
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    Those also come in a comb version. And then there's always the Zytel rat tail comb for women that were a popular item back in the 60's and 70's when those poofy hairdos were in vogue.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,955 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Prolly shouldn't be trying to get on a plane with one of those or :fan:
    That's what I was thinking!

Maybe I should carry one in my dance bag!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,086 Senior Member
    Those things ave been around for a long time...they were a good idea back then, still a good idea now...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,955 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    OK Klinger, this is for U

I'm seriously thinking about getting one - sometimes I'm out very late on dance gigs - and a hairbrush permanently assigned to my dance bag would not be a bad thing.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    The trick-- When you place a Midway order, toss one of them in your cart. There is free shipping on that item. Then take it out of your cart and find out how much your shipping is without the item. By adding that, or one of those other under $10 free shipping items to my cart, I have saved anywhere from $5-8 on my shipping.
    -Thomas Paine
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Pretty cool. Never seen one before but I keep sharp things away from my beard. Can't keep the beard of Zeus with any cutty/pointy things near it. Lol
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilyguyaddicts.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F05%2Fbird-beard-peter.png&f=1
    -Thomas Paine
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,086 Senior Member
    Pretty cool. Never seen one before but I keep sharp things away from my beard. Can't keep the beard of Zeus with any cutty/pointy things near it. Lol

It's a pokey stabby thing...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Those things were popular back when I was teaching high school. We had to confiscate a bunch of them after a girl was stabbed to death in a school hallway by a jealous rival who wanted her boyfriend. With a pierced carotid artery, she bled out before the paramedics arrived, despite some very heroic first aid attempts.
    Jerry
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,861 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I'm seriously thinking about getting one - sometimes I'm out very late on dance gigs - and a hairbrush permanently assigned to my dance bag would not be a bad thing.

What kind of dance gigs? And if you have a dance bag, why not a sharp steel knife?

I suppose it's neat for a female 007, but I can't imagine what weapon it would replace. It would be just as easy to pull a gun out of your purse as it would be a brush/knife, or a razor sharp steel knife barring that. I see a knife is pretty much a last ditch weapon and a carbon fiber knife about two steps below, usually only fit for stabbing, which is actually pretty effective. Although women commit their share of stabbings, they're usually not done in a self defense situation. And men don't usually carry hair brushes...and I speak for myself here. A lot of stabbing cases are deadly because in many cases they stab the victim multiple times.

I haven't carried a self defense knife since I left the jungle and never used one then except to cut a branch or two. I broke my Gerber Combat knife foolishly by throwing it and lost my Marbles leather handled sheath knife which was the one I used for main carry. Ended up with a K-Bar, a fine knife and a true K Bar instead of an Ontario or another brand. For me, knives as weapons went out in SD when they invented the revolver, unless you can't get to your revolver. And a revolver if you can't get to your rifle.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene-- They are discrete, usually ride on top of the purse while a knife typically settles to the bottom, and are legal for my under 21 daughters to carry. They keep brushes in their purses anyway, so they may as well carry that particular brush-- they cost the same as a regular brush.

Knives-- in the right hands, they are much more deadly than a gun could ever be at conversation distance. Granted, there are very few of us out there that have the knowledge and have done the practice to be that way with a knife, but there are people out there like that.
    -Thomas Paine