He survived last season

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 19,013 Senior Member
I missed him with my crossbow last season, and right after he ran off, and onto the adjoining property, I heard a single gunshot (before gun season opened) and someone yell, "I got him", so I figured someone had poached him and I wouldn't be seeing him again.

This pic was taken last Wed (10/7) Sorry it's not the best pic, but he's ~60 yards from my game cam.

At least in this pic, you can see how WIDE his rack is.
bigun_zpsnwn0xpsh.jpg

actually he's too far away to have tripped the sensor, I had to cap this pic from the time lapse my cams shoot the first and last 3 hours of the day (1 pic a min x 3hr)
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    He could live on my wall.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,013 Senior Member
    He could live on my wall.
    :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    Dang, he is a WIDE Sucker.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,408 Senior Member
    Time to settle the score, Paul.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Time to settle the score, Paul.
    Actually I may leave him alone in hopes of the wife getting a shot at him

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,723 Senior Member
    A few years ago, one of my SILs and I kept getting pictures of a big one lurking around in the shadows watching the does that accessed our corn feeders, but we never actually saw him. He wanted him badly, and I kept him agitated by telling him that the next time he saw it, it would be on the back of my Kawasaki Mule.

As it turned out, we both got nice bucks, but never saw the 'monster' till Thanksgiving Day, when he was tagged out and had to sit and watch his 9 yo son (my grandson) shoot at him from over a hundred yards out with a borrowed single shot .243. He nailed him, DRT, and ended that little drama.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,781 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Actually I may leave him alone in hopes of the wife getting a shot at him

Good idea...........she may actually get him
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Good idea Knitepoet. That way she will want a newer gun which means YOU have a free pass on your next gun.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    Hondo341 wrote: »
    Good idea Knitepoet. That way she will want a newer gun which means YOU have a free pass on your next gun.
    Unfortunately not, she's a fan of her 77 MkII Compact 308.
    It's put every deer she's ever shot at (except one. bad {leg} hit) down

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, she's a fan of her 77 MkII Compact 308.
    It's put every deer she's ever shot at (except one. bad {leg} hit) down

Sounds like my wife and her Tikka T3 7mm-08. She LOVES that thing, and is MOA accurate with it.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug