Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,508 Senior Member
    http://youtu.be/vedgTokXj04

You're welcome.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 78 Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Buffy it's bourbon. Already sweet.

Smack yourself with a barrel stave!!! That's a "Tennessee Whiskey" not a "Kentucky Bourbon".

BIG difference.:nono:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    " I never drink water- - - - - -fish fornicate in it!"

W.C. Fields
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Too much ice. 2 cubes, max.

Also wrong ice IF you use ice. That automatic ice maker stuff is all wrong. IF using ice, CUBES formed in an ice tray using water that is not from the tap (we have a nice filter for our well water that takes out most the the junk taste). Doing so keeps the funky taste from well or city and actually makes cubes that don't melt as quickly.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    And while you guys are fussing with your ice and junk, I will be sitting back enjoying my drink.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    And while you guys are fussing with your ice and junk, I will be sitting back enjoying my drink.

This, if you need it cold throw the bottle in the freezer. Otherwise just neat for me.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,861 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    I stand corrected. I will make appropriate sacrifices to remove my demerits.

Jack D is bourbon, so is Maker's Mark and so is Pappy Van Winkle. JD is CALLED Tennessee Whiskey, which it is, but that's just a thingy to distinguish it from the pack. Bourbon, and believe me because I won $50 on a bet on this, is 51% corn grain, the rest is either wheat or rye. MM is a wheated bourbon whiskey, IIRC. Famous BOURBONs by name come from KY, but by formula are anything with a majority of corn used as the grain.

I will drink bourbon, hell, I'll drink Sterno, but I much prefer Scotch. Thing about good SM Scotch is you can't mix it with anything but water or soda.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    If I poured a single malt scotch for someone and they added water or soda, I'd probably pour them JD the next time, thinking they wouldn't know the difference. :tooth:
    Gene L wrote: »
    Bourbon, and believe me because I won $50 on a bet on this, is 51% corn grain, the rest is either wheat or rye. MM is a wheated bourbon whiskey, IIRC. Famous BOURBONs by name come from KY, but by formula are anything with a majority of corn used as the grain.
    They also use malted barley. That, and to be considered bourbon it needs to be aged in new charred oak barrels-- 2 years minimum and after 4 years, they are not required to put the age on the label. It has to be distilled to no higher than 160 proof and go into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof. To be called bourbon, it also needs to be made in the USA (not just Kentucky). Jack Daniels can legally be called a bourbon because it meets all the requirements of a bourbon. What sets it apart is that they filter it through charcoal before they age it. That, and it is made in Tennessee.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,138 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    If I poured a single malt scotch for someone and they added water or soda, I'd probably pour them JD the next time, thinking they wouldn't know the difference. :tooth:

I kind of enjoy two fingers of single malt in one finger of crushed ice.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    If you kids are interested, here is the classifications for spirits as set by the TBB. Every single label on a liquor bottle sold in the US has to be approved by the TBB! This will help you translate what those words on the bottle actually mean...
    http://www.ttb.gov/spirits/bam/chapter4.pdf
    -Thomas Paine
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,452 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Thing about good SM Scotch is you can't mix it with anything but a small splash of never clorinated water.
    FIFY

A little water, little being the operative word, will bring out different flavor without drowning the whisky or whiskey. I am guilty, in the summer of dropping one ice cube in the glass and letting it melt and change the flavor over time.

FYI, the difference (E vs no E) is the country of origin, thats it. Rule of thumb is that if the country name has a E in it, the spelling of whiskey is the correct one.

My newest horse in the stable is Rye. Specifically Wild Turkey Rye. I got talked into a bottle and havent looked back. It is a very nice, reasonably priced, mellow, whiskey. I had some of a blended rye that went of 40.00/bottle that was amazing, but I cant remember what it was.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.