Home Main Category Clubhouse

My aunt died this morning, prayers for my mother would be most appreciated

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,394 Senior Member
My mother's only sibling died in her sleep actually and they found her this morning. She was 97 years. She lived here for many years since the 60s. She was 5 years older than my mother, who is 92. Their mother, my Grand mother lived to be 104.

Her first Husband, a West Point Grad in the class of 39, was a captain in the army in WWII. My aunt went with him to Manila in late 39 and lived there at Fort McKinley until she was evacuated in Oct. 41 on the last civilian ship out. He of course stayed and was decorated on Bataan for bravery in battle. He survived the infamous Bataan Death March, survived Camp O'Donnell, but died in Camp Cabanatuan in Oct 42 from Diptheria. He was awarded the DSC posthumously By General Wainwright in 1947, I think it was.

She married again after the war and had two daughters, my only first cousins from that side of the family. Her second husband died in 1971, and she remarried to an old friend of ours. He died in 2001, so she's been through a lot of pain in her life.

Anyhow, She had a long life but what concerns me now is that my mother is taking it so hard, hence the prayer. All would be appreciated.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies