Home Main Category Clubhouse

Lost part of a finger today.

2»

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,144 Senior Member
    so....

just the tip?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    Snake, your story about the plane club at Beaumont reminded me of an RC plane accident that I had back in the seventies. My stepson was tuning the carb on one of his RC models and couldn't get it to smooth out. I decided to go out and give him a hand (almost literally) with it and for some dumb reason I reached for the adjusting screw on the carb...right through the spinning prop!:yikes: The top of three fingers on my right hand were laid open to the bone in an instant! I forget the size of the motor but it was not an .049! Prop was about eight inches long!

Not the end of the story. While my ex and I were inside trying to stop the bleeding, my stepson went back out working on the plane. We heard a whump! and a yelp and he came running back in with about a half inch of his right thumb missing! Thankfully our injuries healed up without crippling us.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Cale: I was going over this thread again, and my wife saw your picture with the bloody gauze, etc. and said: "I don't need to see that!":cuss:

No sense of humor, I tell ya'!:jester:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    My great great great uncle lost an arm to an alligator.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    My great great great uncle lost an arm to an alligator.
    Was he named Amos Moses?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    Caleb counting... 7, 8, 9, 9-7/8
    :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.