Home Main Category General Firearms

Zorba I promised to show you my PP

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I finally remembered where I put it. They really are the standard by which all others of their ilk are judged. Really more purty than my pics show.

BTW the PP model in 7.65mm/.32 ACP hold 8 rounds in the magazines.

I believe mine was made in 1966.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0200_zpsr8pgmfgt.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0202_zpsnpmsgcbb.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0201_zpszk4c9pg3.jpg
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,138 Senior Member
    Very nice Chief
    The wife had a chance to purchase a matching set with sequential serial numbers when she lived in Germany. Still kicking herself for passing on it all these years later.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Very nice Chief
    The wife had a chance to purchase a matching set with sequential serial numbers when she lived in Germany. Still kicking herself for passing on it all these years later.

Yep, I lived in Germany 12 years (4 separate tours) from the 70s to the mid 90s and saw the used ones go from about 65 bucks to over 200 at the Rod N Gun Clubs..........exchange rates and whatnot. I wanna say a brand new one was around $400 bucks there (when the dollar was strong 80s?) for a GI and over 900 stateside.

You ever hold/shoot a CZ 50 in .32 ACP, no comparison compared to a Walther.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    No Baluga caviar?

I've always liked those, very nice.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,955 Senior Member
    Cool gun - thanx for sharing!

I'll need to get some more mags for mine - right now I have the complete "service pak 2" from Wolff on order for it. I'm going to have to compare the Walther mag with the Beretta Tomcat mag - I'm sure they're not identical, but they sure look close!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Extra mags are out there to buy. I'm not sure how well aftermarket ones from different makers would work, though. Mine are Walther and a couple are one and the same made by Manurhin from France.
    I need to shoot it soon again. Hornady makes 60 grain bullets XTPs to reload in .312 diameter. I have some 71 grain FMJs and some brass, but I could use some more brass.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,861 Senior Member
    I believe there are laws against showing your PP.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    I love me some Walthers, really cool gun. I like that its in the 7,65mm...so euro.
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »

Can definitely cause trouble if you're running for political office.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
    Gene L wrote: »

Not to Zorba.................we have a different relationship on here :jester:
    :roll2::roll2::roll2:
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Not to Zorba.................we have a different relationship on here :jester:
    :roll2::roll2::roll2:

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?

:tooth:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba wrote: »
    EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?

Oh, its like that now is it? Ned been sending ya PMs I don't know about???

Snort! :rotflmao:

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Showing off the *PP* was all the rage in elementary school, potty humor and all that rot, fortunately we outgrew all that silliness......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    fortunately we outgrew all that silliness......
    Evidently, not all of us... :jester:

Evidently, not all of us... :jester:

On here.................a WHOLE lot of us haven't outgrown it and enjoy making a play on words about things that could have dual/several/ambiguous meanings.

I found it humorous ever since I first heard Watlher PPs called (erroneously) Pocket Pistols usually by GIs/American's, instead of Polizeipistole and had to chuckle thinking someone might say I have my PP in my pocket!
    I have a PPK S which I used to carry a lot. Got the PPK slide and the PP grip. A guy I know used to carry a .380 undercover, a bad guy tried to run him over and he shot at the guy and the bullet didn't penetrate the fender of the car, which is where he hit. He quit carrying it and so did I. I think he was carrying a Mauser HS c.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Gene, I liked the Mauser HSC pistol, at one time I used an issued model in .32 acp with a suppressor, it made no more noise than a moderate hand clap, it used standard power ammo and ejected, with subsonic ammo it wouldn't eject, and had to be operated manually.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Nice gun BigChief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you have silver bullets for Werewolf's!!!!!! hahahahahaha. I always wanted a Walther. Its on my wish list. What other calibers do Walther come in?
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Nice gun BigChief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you have silver bullets for Werewolf's!!!!!! hahahahahaha. I always wanted a Walther. Its on my wish list. What other calibers do Walther come in?

Oh man the standard and maybe some other calibers............they did made the little pistols in .22/ .25/.32/.380 and the larger framed ones in 9mm like P-38/P-1/P-88, but I haven't kept up with what they have these days. I know they teamed up with S&W for some semis?

They had a 9X18 Ultra in the 30s on a PP frame for the **** Air Force, but never widely used or adapted until the 70s fer a bit in a PP Super, but is wasn't the same as a 9X18 MAK.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    I checked out the link BigChief. Neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Gene, I liked the Mauser HSC pistol, at one time I used an issued model in .32 acp with a suppressor, it made no more noise than a moderate hand clap, it used standard power ammo and ejected, with subsonic ammo it wouldn't eject, and had to be operated manually.

I had a Nazi marked German Navy HS c in .380 that was like new. I traded it for a shotgun, and took a beating on it, but that's life. I didn't have much money in it.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,812 Senior Member
    Wait one minute! If I read this right Zorba wanted to look at Big Chief's PP and now that he saw it he wants to play with Big Chief's PP at the SE Shoot.:uhm:

By the way, it's Big Chief's PP and he can play with it any time he wants to. :wink:

I hadn't realized it before but my PA 63 looks like a close knock of the PP.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I finally remembered where I put it. They really are the standard by which all others of their ilk are judged. Really more purty than my pics show.

BTW the PP model in 7.65mm/.32 ACP hold 8 rounds in the magazines.

I believe mine was made in 1966.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0200_zpsr8pgmfgt.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0202_zpsnpmsgcbb.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0201_zpszk4c9pg3.jpg
    I've got nearly the exact same pistol, in fact it looks exactly the same, but it says it's made by Mauser and it's made in the early 40s or earlier. My dad brought it back after the war.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    toymachine wrote: »
    Can definitely cause trouble if you're running for political office.

Not that PP! The one made of metal,:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    While we are whoopin out our PP's I thought I would flop mine on the table too!
    A1C7C6B6-9B84-4E6B-A85B-D3719BA51DB0_zpsamhlwhch.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    timc wrote: »

That's a fine lookin' PP! How old, etc?

timc wrote: »

Pre-war/earl war?

Nice PP.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    That's a fine lookin' PP! How old, etc?
    Pre-war/earl war?

Nice PP.

Post war West German police issue sometime after 1952. Great shooter! 7.65 mm with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member