Home Main Category Clubhouse

Today is a black day................

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,109 Senior Member
All Black Day

Congratulations to the boys for going back to back at the RWC.

The 'Sons of sheep Stealers' bought their 'A' game which made it the most memorable WC final and had me on the edge of my seat, but Ritchie and the boys were too good.

I am happy.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Say what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    'Sons of sheep Stealers'

They Rustle Sheep down yonder?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    That's pretty Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :tooth::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    'Sons of sheep Stealers'

They Rustle Sheep down yonder?

Better rustle than "rasslin" them like they do goats in the Middle East.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 476 Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Better rustle than "rasslin" them like they do goats in the Middle East.

Whoa, wait, what?.........

Buffy lives in the Middle east? And here I thought that was just a Georgia thang...
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    All Black Day
    I am happy.
    And tired:beer:
    That was one hell of a test, and that setup by Smith, with Beauden Barrett making the kick for the line and scoring, best test I've seen in a long time and what a way to send off some of the greats.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Rugby or soccer ??

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Oh come on.

You cheated again!

You turned up on match day. :wink:

I am not able to watch the match but congrats on the win over the sheep molesters................... no not the Welsh.

:up:

jaywapti wrote: »
    Rugby or soccer ??

JAY

Heathen!!!!!!! :nono:
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Oh come on.

You cheated again!

You turned up on match day. :wink:

I am not able to watch the match but congrats on the win over the sheep molesters................... no not the Welsh.

:up:

Heathen!!!!!!! :nono:

That is not really an answer.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Dang, they speak in riddles or sumfang!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The reason, I think, that it sounds like they are talking in tongues is because they are talkin' about that Cricket game. Anyway, if that is the case, Congratulations to NZ! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    N.Z. All Blacks win there 3ed. Rugby world cup beating the Aussie's 34 to 17

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Is this thread in English? It certainly isn't in American.
    Rugby! NZ whupped the Aussies.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    Is this thread in English? It certainly isn't in American.

Philistines!

(Seeing as how we have to be patient and explain everything to you guys that bastardize the English language, here is an explanation.)

Despite the fact that most sports played in the USA end up being billed as 'World Series' when the series actually only has teams from each USA state playing in it, there are actually people in the rest of the world who compete on the 'International Stage' to find out who is the best.

The RWC is such an event. It has been held every 4 years since 1987.

RWC stands for Rugby world Cup and has teams from the whole world competing for the title 'World Champions'.

While you guys have been watching the circus clowns ( presidential candidates debates), the real men of the world have been locked in battle to decide who are the world champions at the noble game of Rugby.

Today was the day the top two/to/too/tu/2/II teams fought it out on the hallowed ground at Twickenham to decide who holds the mantle of World 'World Champions'....... as opposed to 'World Champions' involving a competition which excludes the rest of the world from competing..........

After a period of 6 weeks and numerous games held between different countries, we arrived at the 'finals' day of the competition where the top two/to/too/tu/2/II teams played the match that would settle the issue for the next four years.

England, were kind enough to host the event, despite not knowing how to play the game they actually invented, and at 5am (NZ time) the two/to/too/tu/2/II finalists met. (Sorry Shush)

The Mighty All Blacks representing New Zealand faced off against their traditional rivals the Wallabies who represent Australia.

After a close fought match the eventual winners ( and might I say, the deserved winners) were found. The All Blacks defeated the Wallabies by 34 points to 17.............which makes the All Blacks .................

World Champions..........of the World , as opposed to the World Champions of America.

OH, and because I started this post with the word 'Philistines' here is a definition of the word cos you guys probably think I was suggesting you come from the Middle East and are a bunch of towel wearing religious zealots........

Definition of PHILISTINE

a : a person who is guided by materialism and is usually disdainful of intellectual or artistic values

b : one uninformed in a special area of knowledge

And I am still happy, happy, happy...............
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,252 Senior Member
    Does a Rugby pitch waste a perfectly good hundred yard smallbore rifle range, or a hundred meter one?:yawn:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Rugby.

Cool.
    That is the game where a bunch of guys in short shorts, and colorful tube socks, ala the eighties in the U.S., chase each other around the field.

Gotcha Congrats on the win!
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    There's also something they call a "scrum". It's a bunch of guys with their arms around each other in a big pile wiggling their butts. I guess it could catch on in San Francisco but not in the rest of our country.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    He means the totals won again, happy dance!!!!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Alec, you just don't understand. American professional sports are about war, and technology, with some glamour and drama thrown in for the ladies. They are full-spectrum entertainment - you have a soap opera, complete with drugs, spying, politics, dirty tricks, martial arts, tactical and strategic planning, etc, etc, ad infinitum. I mean, really...where else in the world could a multi-million dollar year-long scandal erupt from trying to attach blame for an under-inflated football?

You are obviously still locked into that whole "thrill of victory and agony of defeat" concept that we outgrew when the baby-boomers took over. How juvenile. :usa::wink:
    I hope to never role around in another man's "Scrum"
    Are there any Philistines in Palestine? :tooth:
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Footnote.

Its rugby, Jim but not as we know it.

International Series 2015: England 26-12 New Zealand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/34694454

Sayin’ :p
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Good thing that team is not in the US, the ALL BLACKS ... every liberal/civil rights group, many celebrities, every Dummicrat up to Jug Ears would be screaming for them to change that name!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    There's also something they call a "scrum". It's a bunch of guys with their arms around each other in a big pile wiggling their butts. I guess it could catch on in San Francisco but not in the rest of our country.

Don't forget the rucks, no rugby game is complete without a few rucks.......................and no, I am not speaking with a Japanese accent.......