Home Main Category Hunting

Smokepole season this weekend

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
Tennessee black powder season opens Saturday- - - -November 7-20. I'll be out there with my .45 flintlock, trying to bushwhack Bambi!
Jerry

Replies

• twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Good Luck - Hope to see pictures by Monday!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    So far I've taken two elk and one deer with my cap-lock.
    Keep your powder dry.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Oh, snap! I didn't realize it was this soon!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    I too intend to harass the Bambi family this weekend. Good Luck to all!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,856 Senior Member
    Best od Luck
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Best od Luck

Our Muzzle Loading Season doesn't start until the day after regular rifle season ends. Then it runs for 2 weeks. But here in Texas in this county anyway, you get 4 deer per year, including all seasons. You just get one set of tags and you have to use them wisely. Some states you can get as many as 10-20 deer a year, but here, nope. Some counties you can kill 5 deer, but that's counting all seasons. Some counties you can't kill but two. In Jackson County where I hunt, it's four. Four does, three does and a buck, two does and two bucks, one doe and two bucks, or two bucks and no does, take your pic. Also, you have to kill all your does in November here. So that means if you wait until Muzzle Loading Season to kill one with your muzzle loader, you will be limited to bucks, And you better save one buck tag for that season or there will be no Muzzle loading season for you. Not legal anyway.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Rained out- - - -it was like a monsoon most of the night, with scattered showers and a total overcast all day today. Maybe tomorrow will be a little better!
    Jerry
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Wet ground is quiet ground
    Tomorrow could be the day
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Quiet" works for both sides- - - -I've had a few deer sneak up to within almost handshake distance of my stand on wet ground before I realized they were there!
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Rained out- - - -it was like a monsoon most of the night, with scattered showers and a total overcast all day today. Maybe tomorrow will be a little better!
    Jerry

Same thing here in the NE corner. Oldest daughter and I are going to give it a go in the morning. I am hoping the temperature drop that is forecast will have them moving.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    Jerry, I started to go to the Smokies this past weekend, but if you will be in the woods with a gun, glad I didn't,. No, really wishing you good luck, but just being able to go hunting is good luck. Our modern gun season will be in next week. Even it I go I'll try the old Kentucky. 45 Our BP comes in again in Dec. Again, Good Luck. Should be some nice bucks down there near you.
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    Deer hunting is as American as Hotdogs, apple pie and Base ball, especially with BP.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,009 Senior Member
    Glad to see your supporting PETA Good luck.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT