Home Main Category Clubhouse

Food for thought

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,981 Senior Member
With all the ISIS attacks in Europe, and there constant threat to hit the USA. If they did where would you think they would do it ??

I think it would be NYC Times Square on New Years Eve.

JAY

Mods, feel free to move this.
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Terrorist like to carry out their dastardly attacks on innocents gathered in public places. The more shocking, the better in their twisted minds. I can think of a lot of potential targets that would result in horrific results and not necessarily the big tourist/business centers or large cities.

I hope and :angel2: they will be thwarted, but am afraid they might succeed in some way not even anticipated by us yet.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Pick just about any big college or NFL ball game. The bombers in France were caught before they got into that big soccer match. Somehow I doubt if our security measures would have prevented one or more suicide bombers from getting right into the middle of the crowd before pushing the button. With the trend toward morbid obesity in this country, a skinny bomber wearing a "fat suit" could conceal a massive amount of explosives and never get noticed.
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Black Friday at the local shopping center? Midnight Services on Christmas Eve? As said here in another thread, a high school football game. What about taking an elementary school hostage? These GFers are okay with a smaller target like the Paris bar or restaurant or bigger like the soccer match. If the media covers it, the public are scared crapless, the police/military running round and so on circus the GFers are happy. Killing is only part of their plan it is fear and mayhem they want along disrupt day to day things. Big is great but anything that achieves most of those goals is okay with them. The fight has really not begun yet and if the Potomac River Rats don't get off their buttocks and act to secure our borders they will walk, swim (if GFers can???), fly in, boat in, etc to a point where they will hit at will. With the liberals already in charge I fear we are in for a long tough fight.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Obviously, they want a huge gun-free zone with lots of women and children in it, for shock effect. So far, NYC is the favorite. But, since they are starting to get a few Internet converts with somewhat better skills, it seems logical that they would start choosing more places that don't expect it. I think they would still be more likely to choose large northern cities, since the world consensus is that all southerners are knuckle-dragging rednecks that will shoot brown or black skinned people without hesitation, for the simplest infraction. I would expect them to start targeting other large cities in the 'blue' states.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,817 Senior Member
    Wherever they want; the idea is to spread terror, make a public/media ridicule of the victim and show force to their immediate area of influence, including its philosophical peers. For instance, blowing up the SHOT show will show that no matter how well armed (Yes I know, it's not a shooting convention where everybody walks around packing, but public doesn't know that), "Great Satan's" citizens aren't safe anywhere.

Target choice will be made based in 2 conditions, assuming potential reach has already been reached: Widespread transcendence of the target (Like, let's say Disney World...lots of people know about this place more than the Thanksgiving parade or any given concert) and relationship of the would-be attackers with the chosen target (A "local" terrorist cell will be more inclined to target a place and public event they already know about, while an "out of the boat" one will probably go for the most popular available)

They already have the list of potential targets. Maybe machine-gunning and bombing let's say the next Star Wars premiere in any given theater will be spectacular, easier and create lots of casualties, but what they look for is attention, so it would have to be done in an important, representative city (Like Washington or N.Y.; other American cities for the worldwide popular belief literally don't exist....only us Latinos relate to Miami, and maybe Central Americans with L.A.).

It depends how ready to be activated their cells are; easier in reachable Europe even now because of the current society trend of "respect" (Fear really), "openness" and other liberal crap that has made them weak to their eyes and very juicy propaganda targets. Probably will go next against the Vatican in one of the Pope's San Pedro square speeches (Congregates a lot of public, easy access due to tourism) or maybe Moscow's crowded subway system....sadly, just a matter of time.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,404 Senior Member
    East coast shopping area bright and early on black Friday. That way the news follows the time zones and spreads panic across the country
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I'm actually going to agree a little bit with Alpha in that a bomb vest was found in a trash can I believe in Belgium and the authorities believe that it belonged to the eighth terrorist from Paris. If he pulled it off and trashed it, I would suspect that he chickened out.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Obviously, they want a huge gun-free zone with lots of women and children in it, for shock effect. So far, NYC is the favorite. But, since they are starting to get a few Internet converts with somewhat better skills, it seems logical that they would start choosing more places that don't expect it. I think they would still be more likely to choose large northern cities, since the world consensus is that all southerners are knuckle-dragging rednecks that will shoot brown or black skinned people without hesitation, for the simplest infraction. I would expect them to start targeting other large cities in the 'blue' states.

I agree with this and I'm glad we're percieved that way and I want to add that terrorists would be more likely to target area's where their plans would be less likely to be disrupted by your average citizen with a gun, which we have in abundance here in the south.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    My money is (and I hope I'm wrong) on the Macy's parade.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, Black Friday at any big mall, and any gathering of lots of unarmed people like the Boston Marathon.

Wouldn't be a big deal to overpower the security at any football game and get some suicide bombers into the stadium. One or two to get the stampede for the exits going, and then bombers at the exits to take out the packed crowds attempting to escape. Herd mentality will ensure the greatest number of casualties. And that would work for any other event with large masses of people.

They have made claims that they want to hit the White House, but that would require a lot more people than I believe they have here on U.S. soil.................at this time. Congress would be a slightly easier target with more potential carnage and give them the biggest amount of publicity.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Pick just about any big college or NFL ball game. The bombers in France were caught before they got into that big soccer match. Somehow I doubt if our security measures would have prevented one or more suicide bombers from getting right into the middle of the crowd before pushing the button. With the trend toward morbid obesity in this country, a skinny bomber wearing a "fat suit" could conceal a massive amount of explosives and never get noticed.
    Jerry

They search and sometimes wand you at most big football games now, at least the ones I've been to. Heck, they used to check bags and wand you at the local minor league baseball games here.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    They search and sometimes wand you at most big football games now, at least the ones I've been to. Heck, they used to check bags and wand you at the local minor league baseball games here.

Those metal detector wands are pretty useless against an AK or AR. If the terrorists have two brain cells to rub together then they will go to a game just to scope out the security and find out where the armed peeps are at regarding entrance. A 'bums rush' at the entrance of armed and firing terrorists would stampede anyone close. Then it's just a matter of taking out the armed peeps and blowing up the stampedes at the exits.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,879 Senior Member
    My wife and I were talking about this. If they were smart they would forget the big cities to scare America. Christmas night or a light up night in a small town America would bring it home and there are only local-yocol police, not well funded, well trained and equipped police departments to deal with. "If they can do it there nowhere is safe.". After all these years we're still dealing with Alcada, now Isis. We should be rejoicing they're not smart enough to hit small town America.

When will we put boots on the ground to kick their butts!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,802 Senior Member
    Disney World or Universal Studios in Florida around Christmas.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    I agree with Teach on this. I've long thought that an attack on a football stadium using a small airplane as a delivery source would kill untold thousands. We have a state college here where I am, and typically there will be 50-60+ thousand fans sitting in the stadium. What do you think a massive explosive device delivered by a small plane and exploding just off the ground would do? I don't want to think about it!
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    One of the Bowl games or the Macy's parade. But my gut also worries about our city right here in Wichita Falls, Tx. We have THE largest NATO training base in the world, with military people from all over the world going to sporting events, the mall, etc. And as much as I hate to say it, overall security here lacks much.
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
    Rich, a 4-place Cessna rented (or stolen) from a local airport and filled to the gills with plastic jugs of gasoline, then crashed into a packed stadium would create a massive casualty count, no explosives needed. They're a lot easier to acquire and fly than a passenger jet.
    Jerry
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Great answers from all of you, the only reason I started this thread was to get some idea of what you all thought. The reason I said New Years Eve was 1) its ours, not a Muslim new year, 2) its NYC again, 3) huge crowds, & 4) as I see it no way to secure the area.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    The Times Square new year's eve gathering is a tempting target, but some of the security precautions I've heard about before that event are just short of ridiculous, even to the point of welding manhole covers shut, etc. I think the ragheads would choose a somewhat softer target, but one with a big enough crowd to get a lot of attention.
    Jerry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,304 Senior Member
    Following 9-11, a bunch of the Counter-Terrorism and Emergency Services were discussing the huge number of soft targets in this country and which would cause the greatest impact on the country if hit. About 30 guys were all in agreement that hitting Disneyland/Disney World or other large amusement park would likely bring the country to a screeching halt...Want to terrorize people? Go after their kids....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    The jihadis are missing out on a huge target tonight in Chicago. Of course, would we really miss a bunch of BLM demonstrators if they got blown away?
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Might I suggest the Democratic National convention?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • HastaHasta Member Posts: 56 Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Terrorist like to carry out their dastardly attacks on innocents gathered in public places. The more shocking, the better in their twisted minds. I can think of a lot of potential targets that would result in horrific results and not necessarily the big tourist/business centers or large cities.

I hope and :angel2: they will be thwarted, but am afraid they might succeed in some way not even anticipated by us yet.

I think that hits the nail on the head. A sane person woulf never be able to think of the place they will attack thats what makes them so surprising.
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...well, if you wanted to light the fuse on a powder keg, shooting up a "Black Live Matter" rally would start conflagrations thruout most of the inner cities before anyone managed to sort it out, & the violence would probably continue unabated regardless of facts...
    Hmmmm- - - - - get Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Farrakhan, and Shabazz all at the same rally, and then turn the **** radicals loose on them- - - - -that would light off a war between the blacks and the muslims that the rest of us could watch for decades!
    :popcorn:
    Jerry
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Usually they go for high body count. To me that is short sighted. A van full of explosives pulled up to an electrical switching station, there are many just a 100 yards from a freeway guarded only by a chain link fence, could cause massive disruption in multiple states. Well timed auto accidents could virtually paralyze a major city for hours. Follow that up with a bomb truck and you have used natural events to concentrate people so that security wouldn't be in place. Do that at a choke point through a mountain canyon and you have cut off a entire region.
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Usually they go for high body count. To me that is short sighted. A van full of explosives pulled up to an electrical switching station, there are many just a 100 yards from a freeway guarded only by a chain link fence, could cause massive disruption in multiple states. Well timed auto accidents could virtually paralyze a major city for hours. Follow that up with a bomb truck and you have used natural events to concentrate people so that security wouldn't be in place. Do that at a choke point through a mountain canyon and you have cut off a entire region.

To take out power transformers at a electrical switching and distribution station all you need is an AK or AR and a few magazines, and some road flares. The transformer cases are 1" or better thick, but the cooling fins are pretty thin. Shoot the cooling fins, put a few holes in the oil expansion tank on top of the transformer and pitch a lit road flare into the oil puddle. Big honkin' fire in no time, and the transformer protection devices will take the transformer offline. And the normally sheet metal switchgear building houses the breakers; good place to dump a magazine or three and screw up that, too. Breakers and bullets don't play well together.
    ― Douglas Adams