Home Main Category Clubhouse

New Age Music

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior MemberPosts: 2,725 Senior Member
Anyone like this music? Deuter....Liquid Mind.... Karen Marie Garrett? Oh My God!....Karen Marie Garrett on the piano! It's very simplistic in its construction/composition, but it is beautiful beyond description! After a hard, stressful day working and putting up with a few "anal area" type people, this music really relaxes me! I can mix a little W.L.Waller and water and hal...luse...i...nate listening to these composers!

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    After a hard, stressful day working and putting up with a few "anal area" type people,.............
    Ludovico Einaudi.

When the boys were home, Einaudi flowed from our dining room.

Go here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmStlUk8dKE
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Shush I was fortunate to play that with the Columbus Symphony once. Great piece.
    The Moldau that is.
    Shush I was fortunate to play that with the Columbus Symphony once. Great piece.

.:applause::worthy:.....

I do envy you that, just to be part of it.

Mrs. Shush sings, the two boys play, one more toward composition, the other more arrangement and performance.

It just puts me in a different place, to see and hear them, when they get a chance to play together.
    shush wrote: »
    .:applause::worthy:.....

I do envy you that, just to be part of it.
    It was pretty awesome. It was the highest level I ever achieved in my music. Being on a major Symphony sub list is like being a backup quarterback in the NFL. Every now and then you get on the field. I have put my playing days behind me though. I am selling both of my horns, and buying more guns. Soon I will just be bucknut.
    .......... I have put my playing days behind me though. I am selling both of my horns, and buying more guns. Soon I will just be bucknut.

Where there's a will there's a way;

med_rifle_bugle.jpg
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,802 Senior Member
    My music taste is a bit eclectic, and my usual choice is Classic Rock, I found that "Yanni at the Acropolis" is soothing, yet exiting at the same time.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    You Brits are a little off sometimes.:yikes:

We used to play tunes with plastic tubing cut to the length of our horns, and a plastic funnel on the end. A little music nerd fun.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,071 Senior Member
    I kinda like to listen to it when I'm tying flies. Or reading. It's calming and not as aggressively upbeat or "light" as Musak. The titles crack me up: "Isle of Forgiveness" "Gardens of Varansei", "Healing Lightly." But like Musak, I find it great for background, not something I'd turn my car radio to.

I've got it on Charter Cable, and I like it a lot better than most modern stuff, which is the only way I've ever heard it. I don't think it's ambitious, or competitive for your emotions, I think just the opposite. Zero message except to chill out, relax, don't think about what you're hearing. If that's one's goal, I can think of no better music.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,190 Senior Member
    It can be a good thing to listen to on a long road trip.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    New Age music?

I like Enya, Blackmore's Night, and Loreena McKennitt.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams