Home Main Category General Firearms

stuck round

2»

Replies

• robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    A lot of mishaps can and will happen during a shooting session. Most of the time shooting sessions go off without a hitch or nits.....When an incident like this happens, one can not exercise and implement the up most caution and safety...BTW what caused the round to stick in your rifle 9mmlargo?

....Good video BigChief, I learned something..thanks!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I gotta say in all my 20 years in the Army I saw very few malfunctions with M-16s, usually nothing that couldn't be fixed with tapping the forward assist, going through the clearing drill or reinserting the magazine. Occasionally a bad lot of ammo (rare) or a dinged up round that shouldn't have been loaded into a mag anyway.

I guess that says something about the AR platform when the rifles are maintained properly. And I'm here to tell ya, a soldier can break things that are "GI Proof" in ways you never dreamed of could ever happen.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I've seen a few pilots who could break a B-52, and those things are tougher than a 2-dollar steak!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    This procedure is in the owners manual. I have done this maybe 6 times and never had any issues...
    Or one could run around town with a loaded rifle

Well he could just take out the Magazine or unload the magazine if it's loaded and take it to a safe area and shoot it ( I say remove or unload the magazine so it doesn't shoot and chamber another round in a crudded up chamber. Then if the case was still stuck, it would be safe to put a rod down the barrel and drive it out. However, do try the above methods first. It will most likely fall out. Then clean that dude good with a wire brush in the chamber. It's either steel cases or a cruddy chamber.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,956 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I've seen a few pilots who could break a 4ft piece of railroad track
    FIFY
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    So where's our OP?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »
    Glad I don't live anywhere. Driving with a loaded gun illegal?!

Yep...legal here in Wyoming. I do it all the time. Not with one up the pipe though, doesn't apply to my CC gun however.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I've seen a few pilots who could break a B-52, and those things are tougher than a 2-dollar steak!
    Jerry

Holy crap on a cracker, Teach. That one aircraft I always thought King Kong and the Hulk couldn't break!!!! I like to see that!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Simple, if he could remove the bolt it wouldn't be stuck, and you can't remove the FP without removing the bolt

Once you remove the lower, further disassembly should be possible, if not, the barrel can be removed, I have never seen a case where it was so impossible to clear an M-16 or AR-15 without more than a modest amount of work, done safely of course.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 9mmlargo9mmlargo New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    9mmlargo wrote: »
    My Rock River LAR8 has a stuck unfired 308 shell chambered. Pulling the charging handle is no help, it is really stuck. What is the safest way to remove the round?

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    The rifle was not in full battery so could not fire the round.
    Tried the rope, oil trick but it did not work. Ended up using a rubber mallet on the charge handle and it worked. Figured I could always get a new charger handle. The chamber was clean with no fowling. I had fired 20 rounds of good ammo with no problems then switched to a cheap brand. The first one out of the box was the one that jammed. I will stick with the good stuff from now on.
    Some of the posts cautioned about having a loaded rifle in the car. I live in a “free” state and there is no law against having a loaded rifle in the car. I agree it is not safe but not illegal here. We can even carry concealed without a permit. It is also illegal for any city to have gun laws, only the state can pass gun laws.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    9mmlargo wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    The rifle was not in full battery so could not fire the round.
    Tried the rope, oil trick but it did not work. Ended up using a rubber mallet on the charge handle and it worked. Figured I could always get a new charger handle. The chamber was clean with no fowling. I had fired 20 rounds of good ammo with no problems then switched to a cheap brand. The first one out of the box was the one that jammed. I will stick with the good stuff from now on.
    Some of the posts cautioned about having a loaded rifle in the car. I live in a “free” state and there is no law against having a loaded rifle in the car. I agree it is not safe but not illegal here. We can even carry concealed without a permit. It is also illegal for any city to have gun laws, only the state can pass gun laws.

I don't remember seeing you here, but Welcome to the Forum. Stick around and enjoy the madness. Wait! Yes I remember you now. Anyhow good post and interesting and educational subject, and congratulations on living on the free world.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    You are allowed to post what type of cheap ammo it was. Wolf or similar?

Glad it all worked out for you. Safely!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    Yay!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Awesome, I haven't slept in two days waiting on the results!

Now that we got that solved; You ever been in a Turkish prison?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member