Home Main Category Hunting

Missouri tag is filled

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,245 Senior Member
Another nice dark horned buck that almost got away. Details to follow....been a hell of a year.

DC5A82E3-FC54-465A-AD99-7DFD55E731CC.jpg

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That dark color caught my eye even b4 I enlarged the print on my phone. Very nice!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 806 Senior Member
    Wow! I just love those big typical bucks! Beautiful
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You're about to piss me off!

Ha sorry buddy. .....I took that one Saturday morning and my son filled his tag Sunday with this good buck

6479206A-8C82-4E0F-8DDD-C1E17D6EA15A.jpg
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,135 Senior Member
    Nice looking deer, like already said, the dark antlers really stand out. Congratulations
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Sheesh. You guys are hammering them. Warsaw?

Yep Climax Springs, I am pretty sure the one I ended up killing was one of four nice bucks I passed opening weekend. My plan was anyone of them showed up the second weekend I was not going to let them walk. They were chasing like crazy down there the last two weeks.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,455 Senior Member
    You been on a roll!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,123 Senior Member
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Fan-flippin'-tastic!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    Wow, you are having an excellent season:up:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I'm beginning the develop a healthy dislike for you. You really do suck! :jester:

Other than that, yet another awesome buck. Congratulations!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thank you for all the kind words.......I just about blew it on this buck. With a cold wet snow blowing right in my face It was a pretty miserable morning. About 8:00 am this guy came down the heavily wooded draw with his nose to the ground, he stopped at about a 100 yards out and I had a nice opening in the brush, but my scope was trashed with all the snow / wet conditions, I could not get a good clear shot. By the time I got the scope cleaned up and clear enough for a shot he had crossed the creek and started heading back from the way he came. Cussing my stupidity for not checking and covering the scope from the conditions I thought I had blown it. About 20 minutes later with his nose to the ground still he had topped the ridge where my stand was located and gave me an easy 50 yard chip shot. The 168 grain .308 poly tip that I had loaded up was pretty devastating. An angling toward me shot entered the lower front shoulder, blew out both lungs and left an exit hole about the size of a baseball out the opposite rib cage. I was lucky to get a second chance on this deer.
    So, on opening weekend you passed on THAT buck?
    Yeah. I hate you.

There are a lot bigger there, and I couldn't get a clear shot on a monstor 11 point on opening morning.... Thus my reasoning for passing him the first weekend. I also had my mind set on a big drop tine buck that we have some good pics of but he hasn't shown his face in almost 2 months. I am thinking someone in the area may have taken him but none of the neighbors have so that really scares me.
  • DurwoodDurwood Senior Member Posts: 972 Senior Member
    Looks like a great season!

I passed a small 8 in regular rifle season and really didn't see a lot. Gonna hit my good spot for muzzleloader (Alternative) season.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts:guns:
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,494 Senior Member
    Good job man! You are having a good year.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"