Home Main Category Hunting

Last weekend of regular season here, going out for the first and last time this year.

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
I gave up the lease I had hunted on for the last 25 years this year and had decided if I wanted to hunt anymore I would just book a guided hunt and not have to deal with all the maintenance of keeping a year round lease.

I have some friends that have an annual hunt on a large ranch that belongs to one of the friends, I was lucky enough to be invited out to join them this weekend for fellowship, great home brew, good old Texas BBQ; maybe even squeeze in a little time for deer killing! Looks like its going to be wet and cold but it still sounds like a lot of fun. We are all getting old now so we don't party like we used to but we still make time for a couple of beers around the camp fire in the evening. Putting some meat in the freezer would be nice but not on the top of my priority list, guess I really am getting old!
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    No pic of your BBQ gun?

Good luck :beer:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    No pic of your BBQ gun?

Good luck :beer:

Well... since it is Texas and it is outdoors the old style Vaquero in .45 Colt is in order with the Ruger holster.

D0ED802A-DE5F-4C6F-AFC8-5DC26E5B8084_zpsvioqexxq.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Safe hunting my friend. Hope you have a GREAT time :beer:

Thanks Paul, with pressures at work I have had no fun time for quite a while, this will be a welcome relief!
    You're talking my language now:up:
    early wrote: »
    You're talking my language now:up:

She is one of my favorites, even over most of my semi-autos. I never feel under gunned carrying it.
    timc wrote: »
    She is one of my favorites, even over most of my semi-autos. I never feel under gunned carrying it.

"I'm only out gunned if I miss."
    Jeff Cooper
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Sorry you gave up your lease...but it sounds like you have a great plan! Good luck on your future hunts. :beer:
    twa wrote: »
    Sorry you gave up your lease...but it sounds like you have a great plan! Good luck on your future hunts. :beer:

Well it was getting to be that time, Not lucky enough like my dad to have a son to haul him to the deer blind until he was in his 80's.
    Last hunt this morning the back to the grind. It's been a cold wet weekend but this morning the sun is shining and it's beautiful out here. Lots and let the of game out here, I've seen some nice whitetail, black buck and axis. I took a nice axis doe yesterday morning before I thought how difficult it would be to get tho her, I'm getting too old for these up and down hill walks. The shot was only about 300 yards but I had to go 600-700 yards to get up to her. By the Time I got her in the truck I was worn out, soaking wet and COLD!
    5AAC0AB8-1D78-4E68-A146-2E3E659B9BA5_zpslw0w8fqp.jpg

View from the blind this morning, awesome!
    6B251EEE-BBBD-414C-BE0A-466918770FF4_zpssylhxdvq.jpg