This could happen here one day.

2»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    :applause: :win:

Well played, my good man.

A gentleman only employs the term "My good man" when addressing lower servants or his inferiors..........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    BTW British firearms laws are specious and capricous, not frivilous, they do however, contravene what we hold dearest and sacred, the right to protect our lives and of those people we love.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    I lived in Long Island New York when that happened, and handgun permits were always difficult to get there, and almost impossible in NYC. It was the liberal NY media that branded him a "vigilante" but the fed up New York public was more sympathetic to self defense from the increasing crime rate happening in NYC subways, which is most likely why he was treated more fairly than he otherwise might have been.

In theory Nassau and Sulfolk counties pistol permits were not as difficult to get, IIRC some parts of Long Island were Governed by NYCPD as far as issuing of permits.

Funny part was a valid NYS carry permit or CCW that was NOT valid in the 5 boroughs of NYC but valid in the rest of NYS !!!
    Violation being a violation of the administrative code, not a criminal offense....
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    In theory Nassau and Sulfolk counties pistol permits were not as difficult to get, IIRC some parts of Long Island were Governed by NYCPD as far as issuing of permits.

Funny part was a valid NYS carry permit or CCW that was NOT valid in the 5 boroughs of NYC but valid in the rest of NYS !!!
    Violation being a violation of the administrative code, not a criminal offense....

Sounds like a little tin pot dictatorship.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    BTW British firearms laws are specious and capricous, not frivilous, they do however, contravene what we hold dearest and sacred, the right to protect our lives and of those people we love.

Yes, frivolous. Having no serious purpose or value.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,652 Senior Member
    A gentleman only employs the term "My good man" when addressing lower servants or his inferiors..........

Sam? Is that you???
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

That explains why Obama always refers to citizens as the good folks of America.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Sam? Is that you???

:rotflmao:

One has to wonder..............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.