Wolf introduction in CO

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,671 Senior Member
Gents,

Those who make the choices, are having a meeting about the future introduction of possibly 2 subspecies of wolves in Colorado, on Jan 13-14.

This is pressure, emails, petitions and politics from OUTSIDE Colorado moving this forward.

Help us out, send an email stating you choose option 2, NO introduction/re-introduction of any wolf species in CO to:

[email protected]

We all saw what happened in ID, MT and WY, and the increasing problems everywhere else. Lets make our voices heard this time!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    Just emailed CO, lots of info with the MN DNR's frustration for them to look up.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    Chiro please pass this on to your MN brethren who aren't on here or social media. Every email counts.
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    As big as tourist hunting and agriculture are hear it will be a drawn out legal battle.

Likely wind up the same as elsewhere though.

Edit to add, I did send an e- mail.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Email sent.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    Done even though I had to copy and paste the address.
    This message has been deleted
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,445 Senior Member
    Is there any way to train the wolves to just eat hippies?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,289 Senior Member
    The biggest supporter of wolves are those who never have to put up with them.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll send an email asking that this NOT go forward.

[ETA] Done!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 187 Member
    Where are they planning to introduce them?
    Barry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    If they get away with that, they will be sending rattlesnakes to Texas and mosquitoes to Florida, next.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Barryd wrote: »
    Where are they planning to introduce them?

My unsubstantiated guess would be Rocky Mountain National Park.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,520 Senior Member
    Sorry to say there were already wolves there. One was killed on I 70'a couple years ago....... From the Yellowstone pack. Well it's the 3 s's time. Shoot, shovel, and shut up! Most are pretty good with the first 2.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    Well the canadian grey wolves would be introduced to Rocky Mountain Nat Park, the Mexican grey wolf would likely be introduced in the southern part of the state.

Yes, they ARE here, but the state refuses to say so. Wolves spreading is a lot different then several packs being forced on us on top of the ones that are moving.

Neither species can historically call Colorado home. They say the Mexican MAY have stepped foot in extreme southern CO, but no real evidence. The original range was southern NM and AZ and west TX. The wolf that originally did live in the Rockies was much smaller then the ones they are INTRODUCING. The canadians evolved to kill caribou and moose. Elk, deer and our smaller Shiras moose are no match for them. And in the places that had timber wolves, which are much closer to what we had, the canadians are killing/pushing them out of their native ranges.

It was a PC experiment gone wrong, but the anti's realize we can't hunt, if there is nothing left to hunt. They get their way, albeit in a way that you'd think is counter productive. They'd rather have no animals then humans hunting animals.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    They say the Mexican MAY have stepped foot in extreme southern CO, but no real evidence. The original range was southern NM and AZ and west TX.

When I was a kid, I remember viewing a diorama that featured the last known grey wolf (stuffed, of course) that was killed in Texas, circa 1886. It was a very impressive creature that, by all accounts, wreaked havoc on livestock and game animals to the point that it was finally exterminated, or forced to move on.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,269 Senior Member
    Gents,

Those who make the choices, are having a meeting about the future introduction of possibly 2 subspecies of wolves in Colorado, on Jan 13-14.

This is pressure, emails, petitions and politics from OUTSIDE Colorado moving this forward.

Help us out, send an email stating you choose option 2, NO introduction/re-introduction of any wolf species in CO to:

[email protected]

We all saw what happened in ID, MT and WY, and the increasing problems everywhere else. Lets make our voices heard this time!

For whatever good it did I emailed them. All I said was they shouldn't let someone with an Agenda control their management of wildlife and to look at the other states that did this. But they probably already have heard this ten dozen times. But they just heard it again.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,329 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Sorry to say there were already wolves there. One was killed on I 70'a couple years ago....... From the Yellowstone pack. .

A Sgt. from the CHP stopped in our shop in Georgetown and told us it was killed between us and Idaho Springs, probably 10 years ago.

On my first hunting trip to Chapleau , Ontario in 1960, we were camped on the Pemache (sp) River, first time I ever heard wolfs howl, I remember thinking I'm really in a true wilderness.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Well the canadian grey wolves would be introduced to Rocky Mountain Nat Park, the Mexican grey wolf would likely be introduced in the southern part of the state.

Yes, they ARE here, but the state refuses to say so. Wolves spreading is a lot different then several packs being forced on us on top of the ones that are moving.

Neither species can historically call Colorado home. They say the Mexican MAY have stepped foot in extreme southern CO, but no real evidence. The original range was southern NM and AZ and west TX. The wolf that originally did live in the Rockies was much smaller then the ones they are INTRODUCING. The canadians evolved to kill caribou and moose. Elk, deer and our smaller Shiras moose are no match for them. And in the places that had timber wolves, which are much closer to what we had, the canadians are killing/pushing them out of their native ranges.

It was a PC experiment gone wrong, but the anti's realize we can't hunt, if there is nothing left to hunt. They get their way, albeit in a way that you'd think is counter productive. They'd rather have no animals then humans hunting animals.

And that, right there, is the emotionally-driven insanity of it.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Sorry to say there were already wolves there. One was killed on I 70'a couple years ago....... From the Yellowstone pack. Well it's the 3 s's time. Shoot, shovel, and shut up! Most are pretty good with the first 2.

And put any radio tracking collar found on them on a semi headed to Washington DC.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,520 Senior Member
    And put any radio tracking collar found on them on a semi headed to Washington DC.
    Or on a peice of styrofoam cooler tossed into a river....
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.