Home Main Category Personal Defense

I'm ready for the zombies ;)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,387 Senior Member
Got my 6 boxes of "Zombie Max" ammo today.
Notice the loaded 1911 mag behind the boxes?
DSC_1039.jpg

And I love the markings on the back of the box :rotflmao:
DSC_1040.jpg

edited to add: That's 1 box each 223, 40 S&W and 45 ACP
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,062 Senior Member
    My order hasn't come in yet :bang: and I just know those zombies are out there sneaking around the property. zombiechase.gif

Cool pics, good info on the back :roll2:
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Cool boxes, really funny stuff and good ammo for defense. Marketing is an art.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    Love the artwork on the boxes! Reminds me of the stuff from the 1960s and 1970s. Mad Magazine and Zap comics.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Can Hornady make 'em fast enough to handle the crowds who are gathering in places like Wall Street, Portland, Oakland, etc.? That's a pretty scruffy crowd, and the way they moan and chant, they must be zombies!
    Jerry
  • cappy54cappy54 Member Posts: 269 Member
    I picked some up the other day at my lgs, funny as hell though :applause: :rotflmao::beer: good pics there.
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    Yeah, but will they work well?

Anybody know of any testing on these things that shows their chracteristics on hitting a Zombie, or a more human like target?

I mean . . . what good does it do to be snuffed by a Zombie while holding up a funny box of ammo in defense? A CRUCIFIX maybe. A box of ammo?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,387 Senior Member
    N320, all Hornady did was change the color of the tip in their Critical Defense ammo, and use a MUCH funnier box
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,521 Senior Member
    N320AW wrote: »

I mean . . . what good does it do to be snuffed by a Zombie while holding up a funny box of ammo in defense? A CRUCIFIX maybe. A box of ammo?

Crucifixes only work on vampires. Which we all know are a fictional creature.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    Crucifixes only work on vampires. Which we all know are a fictional creature.

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe better ask Steve Hornady. He appears to have cornered the market on ghoul liquidation!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Dunno,
    The customary 230 grain HB ammo I started out with has sufficed until now, why change a good thing ?
    Why mess with success ?

Zombies are dull stupid creatures that must repeat the same worn out expressions of rabid hate and vitriol over and over, death must be something of a relief to them.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,145 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Dunno,
    Zombies are dull stupid creatures that must repeat the same worn out expressions of rabid hate and vitriol over and over, death must be something of a relief to them.

Thats the only thing that diferentiates Zombies from Democrats isnt it?

Dont know if we will ever get Zombie ammunition over here, would make a good Xmas present for some of my buddies......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    What about aliens? Is anybody making ammo for aliens?

WHAT ABOUT THE ALIENS???
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    What about aliens? Is anybody making ammo for aliens?

WHAT ABOUT THE ALIENS???

Well get cracking !!! Do it for the chickens, oh the poor chickens !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996