Home Main Category Personal Defense

Gun shop owner, son killed over $25 firearm repair fee, sheriff says

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Whichever side started this it did not need to happen. Very sad and downright stupid behavior.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/24/sheriff-gun-shop-shootout-over-25-kills-2-wounds-2.html?intcmp=hpbt3

"A Mississippi gun shop owner and his 17-year-old son were shot and killed Saturday during an altercation with two customers, WLOX reported.

Jason McLemore, 44, who owned McLemore Gun Shop, and his 17-year old son Jacob, were killed after a disagreement with two customers, Pearl River County Sheriff David Allison told the station. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities say that Audy McCool, 52, and his son, Michael McCool, 29, went to the gun shop to pick up a weapon Saturday afternoon. The men were told the gun had not yet been repaired, and one of the men reportedly became angry that he had paid a $25 service charge but did not yet receive his firearm.

Jason McLemore’s wife reportedly witnessed the encounter, and called her husband and son in an effort to keep the incident from escalating.

"During this argument, we believe there might have been some pushing and shoving," Chief Deputy Shane Tucker said, the Sun Herald reported. "One of the customers and one of the owners produced firearms. We don't know who shot first."

Jason McLemore reportedly had an unholstered 9-mm. handgun by his side when he was shot.

Michael McCool is the alleged shooter, according to WLOX, which cited authorities, and is suspected of shooting both victims using a 40-caliber pistol. No charges have yet been filed.

According to WLOX, the elder McCool was found bleeding from a wound to his back when law enforcement authorities arrived, and the younger McCool was in the intensive care unit at a New Orleans hospital.

The shooting is still under investigation."
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    That is really sad.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    It is completely impossible to resolve that type of dispute with violence.

I make that statement from experience not jugement as bad temper has been a personal character flaw.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    This kind of thing happens every now and then, there is no way to prevent it either.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    This kind of thing happens every now and then, there is no way to prevent it either.

Yea, people just have to get used to shootings.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Yea, people just have to get used to shootings.

And what does that mean ? More gun control ?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member

If it can't be prevented than you have to adapt to it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Something as picayune as a $25 charge leads to murder and mayhem in Picayune. You can't make this stuff up.
    Somehow, I doubt $ 25 U.S. had anything to do with things once the shooting es-$tarted, more likely testosterone fueled name calling and jostling or whatever...... Maybe the truth might be revealed at some point.

To fight over such an insignificant amount of money makes no sense at all.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    To fight over such an insignificant amount of money makes no sense at all.

There are thugs and other assorted criminals all over this country who would kill you for the change in your pockets ot the fact that you skin is a different shade than theirs......that's one of the reasons sensible people carry firearms...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Uhhh, yea....
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,206 Senior Member
    Does anyone know what became of this?
    Charges filed? No billed? No charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    I haven't seen anything up here.

Just did a quick search on the tv station and newspaper website in that region: no new info that I could find.