Home Main Category General Firearms

1911 Grips

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
I would like to pass along a link to a local guy who makes some really beautiful 1911 grips. He uses all kinds of exotic woods, stuff I've never even heard of and the thing is, he makes them all by hand. No CNC machines just him and his hand tools. I looked at sets with designs in them and I could not see any difference between the sides. I bought a set of nice ebony wood of some kind with some texture on them. He will make anything you like out of anything you he can get his hands on. If you want to see some beautiful work, check out his sight. www.cherokeehills.biz He makes grip for other guns as well. Very nice guy and a real craftsman IMO.

These are the ones I bought for my Ruger 1911 http://cherokeehills.biz/epages/35b58f2a-0302-4422-bf79-03a375612b0f.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/35b58f2a-0302-4422-bf79-03a375612b0f/Products/532

and no I have no ties to the business at all.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    He makes some pretty ones:love:
    Unfortunately, both of my 1911s are "working" guns and I would end up ruining a pretty set of grips like his is SHORT order.

I put Houge finger grooved grips on both of mine. Not pretty, but pretty much indestructible
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Nice!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,727 Senior Member
    I've always liked double-diamond grips, and while I appreciate the work of the OP, none really rang my bell.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I was browsing the grips before I saw your link to the set you bought. Those caught my eye as well. Kinda dig the punisher in the same wood.

I thought about the punisher ones. He'll make whatever you want. Send him a pic, pick a wood and he'll make it. I'll thinking of getting a couple pair made for my SS Vaqueros. A Texas star inlaid on some textured redwood
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    Real nice ,post a pic when installed
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Wow! :love:

I wouldn't go with the butterfly he put on the set in his 'custom' area, but that Spalted Maple was outstanding!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin