Home Main Category Personal Defense

Two deputies get killed and it doesn't make the news!

FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior MemberPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
If an officer shoots someone or if a shooting is even remotely questionable, the media has a field day trying to spin it into looking like another renegade cop was just trigger happy. When an officer tries a peaceful approach and gets murdered as a result, it aparently isn't news worthy. I just happened accross this article by chance and hadn't seen anything about it on the news or in our paper.
http://www.newser.com/story/220404/2-deputies-killed-after-man-opens-fire-inside-busy-panera-bread.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=earthlink&utm_campaign=rss_popular
snake284 wrote: »
For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,418 Senior Member
    It doesn't fit their agenda....prayers for the family of the officers. Let the coyotes have the shooter!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    It made our local news Wednesday early evening news but it sure didn't hit the big alphabet channels until late or Thursday AM and then nothing in depth. Now they are on the shooter's past and such so they can twist it into a crazy person with a gun and forget the death of 2 LEOs.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I heard, on the news no less, about 2 Sheriff's deputies and the suspect being killed, but the story in the link is useless. Aside from 'Maryland,' there is no information regarding the location - no county or city - a very poor bit of journalism. Whatever happened to who, what, where, how, why, etc.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,654 Senior Member
    I heard a mention on the news and that was it. Have not been able to learn much more.
    Kind of surprised the antis havent used the event to make a anti gun statement
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    There have been 5 cops killed in the last week, 8 total for 2016 so far and yea, you hear next to nothing. Sad.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    Been on the local news here, too.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    An officer here in the city of Grand Junction was killed recently also. He tried to effect an arrest on a fleeing suspect using a taser gun, and was shot by said suspect resulting in fatal injury.

No link, it's in the local news.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I saw this on a link for Internet news report.

Prayers sent.

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996