As the years go by I fondly remember...

2»

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,979 Senior Member
    A lot of things make a lot more sense now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The twitching has mm mm mm mm mostly stopped.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    My grandmother would pay me a penny a grasshopper and a dime per sparrow that I would kill in her garden.

I spent countless hours after my chores were finished hunting with my daisy pump.

Of course I could have just killed the grasshoppers with a stick but that wasn't nearly as much fun.

Each time grandpa took me to town I would get a pop a candy bar and the rest of my loot was spent on bbs.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,684 Senior Member
    My dad and I would go for a haircut every Saturday and I would get spending money to entertain myself after my cut was done while my dad went through the rest of the barbershop's services available (shave etc). This money was always enough for a new supply of pellets/co2 and some other treats on top :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    cpj wrote: »
    The twitching has mm mm mm mm mostly stopped.
    No it hasn't... And there's a small steady stream of drool coming out of the corner of your mouth...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,979 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    No it hasn't... And there's a small steady stream of drool coming out of the corner of your mouth...

That'll just make your kiss wetter. Looking forward to seeing you, big boy.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    As the years go by I fondly remember... shooting birds with my Grandfathers Remington 22 pump (bird shot) keeping my Grandmothers peach trees safe.
    Watching my grandfather shooting his 38-40 Colt empty a can by hitting it at the bottom edge without knocking it over.

Wished I had good memories with my Dad but that's a whole different story.
    cpj wrote: »
    That'll just make your kiss wetter. Looking forward to seeing you, big boy.
    :drool:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,970 Senior Member
    We used to take our .22s and head out on bicycles to the city dump where we would spend hours shooting rats. Often the local cop would show up and join us with the big old single action Colt he carried as a duty weapon...we all got the opportunity to crank off a couple of rounds with his "hog leg"... Times sure have changed...

I made my spending money by shooting Jack Rabbits and selling the carcasses at the Feed & Grain for a quarter apiece. Two rabbits bought a full box of 50 rounds...after that, everything was pure profit...if you happened to run across a coyote, you could take the scalp (with both ears attached) down to the city clerks office and turn them in for the $5.00 bounty..what a windfall for a kid...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    Still have my Daisy , had my Butt painted red for shooting holes in the garage door, Don't remember the black paint, may have rusted
  • Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 78 Member
    Saturday afternoons in the winter several of us would load up our pickups and head out on the back roads ( in the pancake-flat Texas Panhandle) looking for Jack Rabbits.

Both windows down, heater on full blast, laughing about the football game we played Friday night and reducing the coyote food density.

Or the time my brother and a friend and I went Prairie Dog hunting. We each bought 500 rounds of .22 LRHP's (about a penny per round) and stood in back of pickup shooting over the cab until all in range (200 paces) were dead or hid, then drove a quarter mile and repeated.

Burned through most of that ammo and made believers out of a lot of 'dogs.
2»