Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

What ticket would be best?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,958 Senior Member
The title says it all. Which Prez/VP candidates would be most likely twin for each party?

It's no secret that the repubs need both Ohio and Florida to have a chance. Virginia, Colorado and others are in play as well. For that reason, I think a Rubio/Kasich ticket would give them the best chance of winning the general election. Rubio, I think, is popular enough in Florida to take it, and Kasich is supposed to be very strong in his home state of Ohio. I like Cruz, but am not sure he can pull both of these two, and Texas will probably go red regardless of who is running. Regardless of what else happens, I think that either Rubio or Kasich needs to be on the ticket. I have no clue about Virginia, Colorado or any other battle ground states.

I don't think Trump can pull it off against Hillary, regardless of who he has running with him. He's stepped on enough toes on the right side of the aisle that he may not get the support that republicans traditionally get. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it. It wouldn't surprise me, though, to see him run as an independent.

As for the dems, a Hillary/Sanders ticket would be strong. I don't see her being indicted by a corrupt DOJ, nor do I see Bernie getting the nod. However, Bernie does have a lot of supporters who would probably vote for that ticket just because he's on it.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Trump suggested Oprah Winfrey as his running mate last year.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/16/trump-wants-oprah-as-his-2016-running-mate/
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Trump suggested Oprah Winfrey as his running mate last year.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/16/trump-wants-oprah-as-his-2016-running-mate/

Yeah, that would work. :down:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Rubio/Kasich would make a good combination strategically and for the fact that Kasich would come across as the elder statesman to compliment the Youthful Rubio. Cruz-- I think if he sucked it up and asked Rubio, it would be very helpful. Cruz does have a likability problem and comes from a state that is going to vote red regardless. Rubio could help him with both.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Like I said on other threads.............Trump/Kasich or even maybe Trump/Crason?????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,678 Senior Member
    Ideal ticket? Zorba and Big Chief!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    With Obama opening the flood doors to Cuba, by election time half of the island will be living in Florida voting illegally. We HAVE TO have a latino on the ticket to win that vote back or we will loose Florida forever...

I agree to some degree. It complicates the issues dramatically. Cruz would be my pick if he'd be more likeable and "presidential". Rubio is an amnesty-lover.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Republicans: Trump-Rubio would be the only viable reuniting of the establishment and outsider factions of the GOP, and beating Hillary. Kasich, Cruz, etc. don't have enough support either within the party or outside of it to be winners in a general election.

Democrats: Hillary names Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as Veep, either will completely reunite the Dems. I'd rather see Hillary name Bill Cosby or Caitlyn Jenner as vice-president, but then I really want the Republicans to win.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,932 Senior Member
    The way the numbers were a few weeks ago my thought was Trump, Rubio as vice, and Mr Cruz would make one fine Attorney General
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,160 Senior Member
    Cruz/ Carson or Cruz/ Rubio
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,831 Senior Member
    I thought Rubio/Kasich from the beginning, for the same reasons.