Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Would you vote for Trump if he ran as an independent?

13»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Honestly outta all the ones who started out, I liked Huckabee the best and felt even though he is very religious he wouldn't try and cram it down others throats and he would have been a fair understanding, but firm POTUS.

I wanted either Huck or Carson at first.

I wonder if Fox will give him his show back? I liked it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Maybe I'm just stupid or something because I won't vote for or support those who others think I should :conehead::conehead: :yesno: :yesno: :yesno: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :spittingcoffee: :spittingcoffee: :spittingcoffee:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Hold my nose and vote for Rubio. Then take a shower when I get home.[/QUOTE,

I won't have to hold my nose too hard. I kinda like Rubio. He's young and has some lessons to learn but so does Cruz.

But, and this is the BIG BUT! What if Trump is the nominee? And just say Cruz decided to run turd party. Would you vote Turd Party then?

Yes. Yes I would. Like I said, raised middle finger.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Trump said last night he will defend the 2A.
    Obama says he is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I am sure Bloomberg says it too.

I figure, yes they are basically both successful NY billionaires, they both employ a lot of people.... but Bloomberg has made it a mission to take away our guns while I do not think Trump really cares either way as long as we tell him how awesome he is. I don't think Bloomberg has taken his businesses to bankruptcy court multiple times though.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Our "Debates" on here are almost as entertaining as the ones held on TV :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    What "Record" does Trump have?
    Stop playing the fool. The guy has been a media whore since the 80's. He has taken political positions on all kinds of things. His shady business practices have been public knowledge. When confronted with that, you play the part, act like his past never happened, and listen to what you want to hear.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I don't think Cruz can win the general election too far right tea-partyish for good or bad.............Rubio has a better chance, but I'm going for Trump to get the nomination. He can appeal to voters from all sides. Plus, I like his idys.

I have my doubts about Cruz being able to win, and may not vote for him in the Primary, but if he is on the ballot in November as a Republican, he's got my vote for better or worse. I don't know if he can win it all, but I'm prepared to Live or Die with him in the General Election. But that goes for Trump or Rubio too, or Kasish or Carson.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I have my doubts about Cruz being able to win, and my not vote for him in the Primary, but if he is on the ballot in November as a Republican, he's got my vote for better or worse. I don't know if he can win it all, but I'm prepares to Live or Die with him in the General Election. But that goes for Trump or Rubio too, or Kasish or Carson.

As Jermanator pointed out, that is why your vote is next to meaningless.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Now to turn the original question on its head. 40% of Republicans have said that they will NOT vote for Trump. Period. Between that knowledge and knowing that there are a whole lot of normally Democrat voters that just can't stomach Clinton (who looks like the inevitable Democratic candidate at the moment), would you be willing to join the disgruntled Republicans and Democrats and support the Libertarian Party?

Obviously, the devil is in the details, but that is the way I see things headed at the moment. It may be a blessing in disguise.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Obviously, the devil is in the details, but that is the way I see things headed at the moment. It may be a blessing in disguise.

There's no doubt in anyone's mind, at this point, that conservative constituents are rebelling against the Republican Party. If Trump does win, it would be the perfect time for the more libertarian minded conservatives to break off, since the party will already be pretty much wrecked.

Cruz and Rand Paul, together, might have enough 'celebrity status' to finally give a third party some credibility. Of course, foreign policy differences and drug legalization would be a major sticking point, so the Libertarian Party might not be an option. After the election would be the time for that, because the anti-Trump disgruntled conservatives will be wondering where they can go, after Trump takes over the party, and they wouldn't blame the 'upstart' party for giving the Dems the election.

Cruz could probably get away with the party switch and still keep his Senate seat, if he did it like Phil Graham did when he switched from Dem to Rep. Graham, himself, called for a new election and was re-elected as a Republican. From that point on, Texas was a solid Republican state, for the first time ever.

Personally, I would prefer that the Republican Party overthrow their leadership and establish themselves as the constitutional party, for real, with smaller government as their platform.
    I don't think what happened in Vegas will stay in Vegas.............Super Tuesday is soon enough.

Looks like there is a lot of disgruntled Reps across the country who support Trump.

40% of Reps will have to make up their minds if Trump wins the nomination either him or Pantsuit.

Like y'all say about Trump, I guess I could hold my nose and vote fer Cruz or Rubio if one is the Rep nominee :tooth:

Anything can happen and remember a big win in some states can put the 3rd or 2nd place runner in first place.

So it will be interesting, for sure.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    That is an absurd comparison. What "Record" does Trump have?
    The one you refuse to look at or even acknowledge. Its been posted here quite a few times. It can only be shown to you, it cannot be understood for you.
    media blitzes to take away our guns...............where has Trump done the same?
    When he was making a record, the same one you refuse to acknowledge.
    Trump said last night he will defend the 2A. I believe him as much as any of the others who have said the same thing in so many words.
    Yet his history up until he started running for pres as a republican says different, yet you refuse to acknowledge it. He was anti gun when he ran third party a while ago.
    OK, I guess I can compare Cruz to Richard Nixon................makes as much sense. Then again, with all of Ted's "Dirty Tricks" his campaign has pulled, maybe I'm on to something after all.

You mean dirty tricks like repeat what a world wide media source printed? That dirty trick? Admittedly, it was CNN so one should have done research given their history, but no one else seems to research statements given a entity's history, so we can say he acted like a Trump supporter.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Not just Trump saying Cruz campaign pulled some Dirty Tricks, but you are entitled to your opinion as am I and every other American Citizen.

Unfortunately it probably will get worse as usual in politics and truth twisting and personal attacks will get worse until a clear nominee is selected. Then it will continue to the run-up to the general election.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    The dirty tricks cancel out with tactics of similar sleaziness, in my opinion. Trump began calling Cruz a liar when he referred to a video with Tim Russert, in which a much younger Donald Trump said all of the things Cruz said he said. He has yet to name a specific lie and allow rebuttal - slick politics that would make any Democrat proud, but hardly honest. Rubio accused Cruz of lying when he defended the 'poison pill' amendment that killed Rubio's Gang of Eight bill. The difference is the emphasis (or lack thereof) placed on each by the media. Trump gets away with outrageous accusations and statements, every day, and Rubio gets help smoothing out his screw-ups, both from the establishment of his party, and the media (including Fox News).
    I guess Rick Tyler (former communications director for Cruz) will vote fer Trump now :wink::wink: