Home Main Category General Firearms

New Colt Delta Elite 10mm

13»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If I remember correctly the 10mm uses a large pistol primer and the .40 a small pistol primer?????

But does it really make that much difference since some .45 ammo uses small primers, but you gotta use what the brass was made for.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Anyway, sounds like you got a keeper there in that Delta Elite :guns: :guns:

Man, you got a .41 mag too, a shame the bullet diameters ain't the same. .400-.401 10mm/.40 S&W and .410 fer .41 mag
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Yeah, it would be nice if I could use the same cast bullets I have for my .41 mag in this semi-auto gun. As for top velocity, it depends heavily on what the brass will be able to tolerate with that traditional 1911 style barrel in the Delta. Because the case support on goes back so far with the stock barrel, if you're not using top quality brass, failing to put on a good taper crimp on the cartridge and pushing the upper limits, you will get a pretty ugly bulge back by the case head that probably can't be re-sized out. We'll see what happens. There are full-case support aftermarket Delta barrels available to address this for people who really want to touch the top of the pressure curve with the Delta Elite.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.