Home Main Category General Firearms

Agulla mini shot shells

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,977 Senior Member
12 ga 1 3/4" all loads are 5/8 oz, # 7 1/2 @ 1175fps , #4 buck @ 1200fps , & slug @ 1250fps

Seems like a good idea for home defense, instead of 5 in the mag I can get 7 and maybe 8 in the mag plus 1 in the chamber

Anyone tried them, opinions.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    In the late 80's I made à load for my three gun shotgun that was 1-1/8oz of #4 shot at 1300fps out of a 22" 1100 and it was a creampuff to shoot. My gun held 13 of them and they were 1.8" long. Those loàds are much milder and I would rather have fewer but more powerful loàds fore self defense.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • dlddld Member Posts: 415 Member
    from what I here they will not cycle in all shotguns because of their length or lack there of.
    It took a bit of experimenting to get my 1100 to run reliably with the short shells. I had to move the ejector forward and now the gun is dedicated to the short shells. A pump will run them if you cycle the action briskly as once the lip of the hull clears the chamber, it will tilt out and reduce the tension of the extractor when the hull is still forward of the ejector. If you don't cycle it briskly, it can tilt out slightly and just sit there in the port.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I haven't seen them in years. I always wanted to try them but never bought any for some reason.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    I haven't seen them in years. I always wanted to try them but never bought any for some reason.

In around eight more years there should be a cicada hatch at the SE shoot and I'll bring a couple of boxes of mine.