Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Donors ask GOP consulting firm to research independent presidential bid

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/doors-gop-consulting-independent-219859

Who was calling Trump a possible sore loser and maybe going independent?????

Looks like REPs are pulling or looking into the same thing they criticized him for and demanding he sign a agreement.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Any move from the Republican party to an Independent ticket is guaranteeing a loss and a Democrat win.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Nobody wants to believe me, but party is just a label. It is actually meaningless and the whole concept of party went right out the window this election.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Nobody wants to believe me, but party is just a label. It is actually meaningless and the whole concept of party went right out the window this election.

cgg sees...and believes. Watch close folks, we may be witnessing the death of a party. Of course, the only reason for each party's labels is for folks to be able to have an easy handle to latch on to in order to know who to vote for or against. It's so much easier than actually checking the candidates out.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I have been saying this since 2001. When Bush started acting like a third world dictator, and also expanding the government more than any president since Roosevelt. Of course he had help from his party faithful in the house and senate. Funny how it was all done by "small government republicans".
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Any move from the Republican party to an Independent ticket is guaranteeing a loss and a Democrat win.

There might be an outside chance, if Hilary is indicted...but it's probably just a bluff to get Trump to play ball with the establishment. They just won't accept that the only hope for beating Trump is for Cruz to win Texas and Rubio to drop out before Florida, Ohio, et al.

With Cruz, they would at least have someone who will try to uphold the Constitution, but that seems not to be their main worry.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well some are saying they have a scheme to bring Mitt back in if Trump wins the nomination.

I know, I know, I know Infowars, but read it, at least. Plenty of plan Bs out there.

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-insider-leaks-koch-bros-rubio-plan-to-stop-trump/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Ben Carson was just on TV and said he has been offered money/favors to drop outta the race. Talked about the corrupt political machine in DC..................
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    I posted this on a FB thread dealing with the opinions of people pro and con Trump. I'm not sold on him, and I'd rather have had a conservative, but I've decided that if Trump is the nominee I'd rather take a bite of the **** sandwich than have to eat the whole thing. At least he 'claims' to be supportive of most of the things that are important to conservatives. I understand the hostility that some of the folks here have towards Trump, but for me I'm just not going to not vote, go third party or vote for the democrap as an alternative to Trump. We have ZERO chance under a democrap administration......From FB......"We're staring at the abyss, folks. If Trump is the nominee, I'd rather take a chance on Trump than face CERTAIN DISASTER! Gun Rights, Freedom of Speech, SC Justices and Religious Freedom and more are all at stake."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Infowars could tell me the sun is going to rise tomorrow and I wouldn't believe it-- that is not a very credible source. According to them, we should have all been slaughtered in FEMA camps by now.

That said, my advise is to not give a dime to the Republican party. If you like candidates, donate to them directly. Give to the NRA. The Republican Party may or may not be serving your interests at the moment. As far as Trump goes-- The Party was dumb enough to have him. They asked him to commit to the party. From all appearances, he is winning fair and square. They need to own it.
    -Thomas Paine
    I'll vote for about anybody to keep the Dems out, but I'll be more worried and disgusted than I've ever been, if it comes to that. If the fight is lost for the one I want to vote for, I'll have to make adjustments, because I won't give up.
    I don't trust ANY of the party "Operatives" from both sides. They will spew innuendos, outright lies and distort anything and everything to get their man/woman elected.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    Infowars could tell me the sun is going to rise tomorrow and I wouldn't believe it-- that is not a very credible source. According to them, we should have all been slaughtered in FEMA camps by now.

That said, my advise is to not give a dime to the Republican party. If you like candidates, donate to them directly. Give to the NRA. The Republican Party may or may not be serving your interests at the moment. As far as Trump goes-- The Party was dumb enough to have him. They asked him to commit to the party. From all appearances, he is winning fair and square. They need to own it.
    :that:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    ...my advise is to not give a dime to the Republican party. If you like candidates, donate to them directly. Give to the NRA. The Republican Party may or may not be serving your interests at the moment. As far as Trump goes-- The Party was dumb enough to have him. They asked him to commit to the party. From all appearances, he is winning fair and square. They need to own it.

I agree with this. I just don't like it.
    This chart illustrates the dynamics of the parties in presidential elections. What I noticed is that our government is indeed set up to be a two party system. A couple of third parties made a difference here and there but it eventually went back to two competing parties. Maybe the Republican Party's days are numbered? Parties have fallen from favor before. It won't be the first time...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_parties_in_the_United_States#/media/File:PartyVotes-Presidents.png
    -Thomas Paine
    And Snake-- If what Infowars says is somehow correct and the party elite run Romney, would you support Romney as the nominee? I won't because of the sleazebag way they did it. The way I see it is that the party elites only have one vote each as individuals. I only have one vote as an individual. Votes get people elected, not money. I will be damned if they are going to decide for me how to use that vote. All their money and influence still can't make me vote the way they want me to and I refuse to be their puppet.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    A group of Republicans. OK, who is in this group?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5