Home Main Category General Firearms

Anybody own a Savage .22

2»

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,377 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's a deal.

Yep. I have no need for one but might get one anyway.
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Winchester 555 packs in stock at Midway as I type this.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900829351/winchester-ammunition-22-long-rifle-36-grain-plated-lead-hollow-point

It's a one box limit and the shipping sucks if you're getting just that by itself, but if you need a few more things, it works out ok.

A one box limit fits my definition of scarcity. Especially if it has to go through a delivery service. I'm sure most employees are fine, but my orders always seem to find the person who is especially rushed, or just annoyed, and they don't secure the merchandise real well in the box, then it gets tossed and kicked around by the delivery service employees, by the time it gets to me I'm lucky if there's any primer left in the rims. I suppose the same thing probably happens on the way to the store, but at least there I can examine the box, and pretend it came securely packed in a large order that prevented any excessive mishandling.

Thanks for the heads up, though.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Oh, it's definitely still scarce by pre-panic standards. I was just pointing out that there was a short-term opportunity to score some bulk pack ammo. I am lucky in that I keep finding them popping up out here sporadically (got a Win 333 pack yesterday at a new range that just opened up), but mail order may be the only choice for some folks. I figure I'd toss it out there in case you aor any of the other folks on here needed it.

For the near term, I consider the 1-box limit a good thing, especially since shipping charges will curb the appetite to buy if there's nothing else to order. We're at least making some progress, albeit in baby steps.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Winchester 555 packs in stock at Midway as I type this.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900829351/winchester-ammunition-22-long-rifle-36-grain-plated-lead-hollow-point

It's a one box limit and the shipping sucks if you're getting just that by itself, but if you need a few more things, it works out ok.

$12.99 for S&H fer a total of $44.98 ...............not such a good deal unless you make a bigger order. Will they put ammo in the same box if you ordered non ORM (?) other stuff for the same S&H?

Now fer 5 bricks if it was allowed or so, heck yea.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Started my grandsons out with a Savage Mark II with accutrigger. Iron sights only. Very accurate and they, at ages 8/10 were hitting 3" x 4" iron targets at 100 yards consistently. Made them learn without a scope. Very happy with the Mark II right out of the box.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    $12.99 for S&H fer a total of $44.98 ...............not such a good deal unless you make a bigger order. Will they put ammo in the same box if you ordered non ORM (?) other stuff for the same S&H?

Now fer 5 bricks if it was allowed or so, heck yea.
    Yup - they will co-ship the stuff with you ammo. I ordered some brass and an MTM box for my 10mm ammo. It helped offset that terrible shipping/1 box limit issue, and only upped the shipping charge by $1 or so. No way I would order the ammo by itself or it simply isn't worth it.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I like this one.....for my new scope, of course.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2014/4/30/savage-mark-ii-fv-sr/

.............................Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had one back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't go wrong with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa: