Home Main Category General Firearms

Sig Sauer

JeffnBamaJeffnBama MemberPosts: 204 Member
Just bought Sig 250 22 second thoughts before firing. Half of the components is plastic!

Replies

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,405 Senior Member
    JeffnBama wrote: »
    Just bought Sig 250 22 second thoughts before firing. Half of the components is plastic!

Plastic is the new normal.
    1) lighter
    2) cheaper to make
    3) never rusts
    4) can be formed into virtually any shape.

For better or worse Glock changed the world.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,385 Senior Member

The technological progression seems to have gone something like this:

1. Build the product to last.
    2. Build the product to outlast the original purchaser.
    3. Build the product to outlast the current budget cycle.
    4. Build the product to outlast the warranty. Which determines which? Let your own cynicism decide.

There's a reason I like pre-WWII-era stuff, or stuff made by pre-WWII-era people.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    They're a respected, generally reliable brand.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,270 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    They're a respected, generally reliable brand.

Yep. I certainly wouldn't worry about it if the gun fit my needs. The P250 seems to be well regarded for a striker fired polymer.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,810 Senior Member
    I need a plastic knife
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I need a plastic knife

Go order a cake at the Publix bakery and they give you a plastic knife, actually works good :tooth: :roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    It fired really well , just found out abut conversion kits but they cost about as much as another pistol.

Still amazes me this is a real Firearm, I went straight to the Range after buying and used it for NRA class.
    There was globs of white grease inside and Magazines were sticking, cleaned everything and all slides well.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,752 Senior Member
    Plastic is the new normal.
    1) lighter
    2) cheaper to make
    3) never rusts
    4) can be formed into virtually any shape.

For better or worse Glock changed the world.

Indeed; for my daughters, plastic guns and maybe a lot of other traditionally metal-made mass-produced products will be the rule. Probably us playing with plastic toys (Gun replicas or such among them) that hardly lasted in the hands of a young boy and his rough handling has a lot to do with our (justified) mistrust of this material, no matter how much it has specialized and developed in the last 40 years.

Nice pistol; ammo used? ran correctly with other brands/types? This is usually a common issue with many .22 pistols, and as long as I recall, Sig Mosquitos that were imported here had a lot of ammo/reliability issues to the point of many being sold after a while by their unsatisfied owners.
    Antonio wrote: »
    Indeed; for my daughters, plastic guns and maybe a lot of other traditionally metal-made mass-produced products will be the rule. Probably us playing with plastic toys (Gun replicas or such among them) that hardly lasted in the hands of a young boy and his rough handling has a lot to do with our (justified) mistrust of this material, no matter how much it has specialized and developed in the last 40 years.

Nice pistol; ammo used? ran correctly with other brands/types? This is usually a common issue with many .22 pistols, and as long as I recall, Sig Mosquitos that were imported here had a lot of ammo/reliability issues to the point of many being sold after a while by their unsatisfied owners.
    fired 100 rounds CCI 40 Grain Standard with no problem
    Nicely done! I do like my Sigs. I wish that one was available here in CA.
    Freaked out about the about polymer at first but ok now. Went to Range today and fired 50 Rd Standard and 100 Rd Stingers they really pop!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Did you read your manual? Most semi-auto .22s don't like stingers to much. They tend to beat them up and wear them prematurely. High Velocity is the most you should shoot. I'm sure others will say how they have shooting them for years but many manuals say don't shoot hyper veloicity. They also aren't typically as accurate.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Did you read your manual? Most semi-auto .22s don't like stingers to much. They tend to beat them up and wear them prematurely. High Velocity is the most you should shoot. I'm sure others will say how they have shooting them for years but many manuals say don't shoot hyper veloicity. They also aren't typically as accurate.
    This is all it says , Non Standard implies no High Velocity?
    Nah, they all say that, they don't want you to use reloads and if you do, they ain't liable. I still wouldn't shoot to many stingers. They are actually slightly longer than most .22LR and some semi's won't even shoot them. They are really meant for bolt guns, killing rodents and stuff. I think the extra length gets them closer to the lands of the rifling, increasing accuracy. Some one tell me if I'm wrong.

I've seen nylon buffers in Marlin rifles after they have been shooting stingers and it destroys them. 10/22s have a steel buffer so it beats up the bolt and the buffer.

Nah, they all say that, they don't want you to use reloads and if you do, they ain't liable. I still wouldn't shoot to many stingers. They are actually slightly longer than most .22LR and some semi's won't even shoot them. They are really meant for bolt guns, killing rodents and stuff. I think the extra length gets them closer to the lands of the rifling, increasing accuracy. Some one tell me if I'm wrong.

I've seen nylon buffers in Marlin rifles after they have been shooting stingers and it destroys them. 10/22s have a steel buffer so it beats up the bolt and the buffer.
    Thank you Sir
    Bought a 325 Rd box of Federal Auto Match at Cabelas today and while there checked out a Browning 22 and Walther P22. Both were very solid ,clicked when pulled the slide and ejected a metal magazine. The small Walther PPK seemed to a nice pistol, Sig is good pistol but liked the others better
    See how you can wind up owning so many? Variety is the spice of life!
    I'm bad about rushing into buying something instead of shopping around first
    Wish you would not have told me cabellas has automatch, now I'll be headed there for lunch tomorrow and I really don't need any, think I have about 6 or 7 boxes of it. It's expensive having that place so less than a mile from work. $22.00?

Wish you would not have told me cabellas has automatch, now I'll be headed there for lunch tomorrow and I really don't need any, think I have about 6 or 7 boxes of it. It's expensive having that place so less than a mile from work. $22.00?
    Yep $22 the fancy new one off Madison Pike
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,752 Senior Member
    This is all it says , Non Standard implies no High Velocity?

To me, implies no ammo other than SAAMI-spec commercial ammunition; in plain words, avoid using homemade reloads, airgun pellets pushed by nailgun "blanks" or such, etc.
    The Big Sig has been sold thread closed KUNSTSOFF-PISTOLE WEG !
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,152 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I've NEVER had a gun that shot Stingers worth a damn. The only gun I haven't tried them in is my new Ruger American.

Same. It's like they traded up in velocity in exchange for ability to hit the broad side of a barn.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Price Stings!

$7.39 fer #50, $68.99 fer #500 Midway has them in stock. No thanks.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!