Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The Lesser of Two Evils?

This should be a no brainer.

Ingsoc has deemed that I should vote for Trump because he has a letter "R" next to his name. After attending "Two Minutes Hate" I have come to realize that Hillary is the real enemy. She supports Eurasia while Trump supports Oceania. Since nobody wants to go to Room 101 I am obligated to vote for Trump.

...I think I'll start a journal. O'Brian would like that

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    You need to get with the Junior Anti-Sex League. They meet when the clock strike thirteen.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • Murphy's LawMurphy's Law Member Posts: 313 Member
    You need to get with the Junior Anti-Sex League. They meet when the clock strike thirteen.

Only after I have a snort of Victory Gin!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    I will, too. Meet up at the Chestnut Tree Cafe?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member

Ingsoc has deemed that I should vote for Trump because he has a letter "R" next to his name. After attending "Two Minutes Hate" I have come to realize that Hillary is the real enemy. She supports Eurasia while Trump supports Oceania. Since nobody wants to go to Room 101 I am obligated to vote for Trump.

I think you're doublethinking this...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Murphy's LawMurphy's Law Member Posts: 313 Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I think you're doublethinking this...

Well, I will have you know that I did work for the Ministry of Love.
    My big brother worked there...he's had lots of jobs. Seems like he's been everywhere.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

Hey man, life is full of compromise, But having Hillary for President is not a compromise, it's giving the country away. There's no compromise in that. Since when did you see a full blown Yellow Dog Dummycrap Compromise when the ball was in their court? That's why they kick our ass sometimes. When they're in power they don't give in. We are the ones that give in to them. And voting for no way joe or staying home is giving her the ball. And then she will cram it down our throats. Trump may be a not so good dream, but he's not our worst Nightmare. If he gets elected, we will have to listen to his BS for at least 4 years, and it will be a bit of a pain in the ass. But if Hillary gets elected it won't be just having to listen to her. It will be having to live with the left for four or eight years. And there will be no compromise. It will be her way or the highway as soon as she picks another libtard for the Court.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    If there is hope, it lies with him...
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Just watch the Prolefeed so you can have goodthink.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    So if I vote for Trump, does my chocolate ration go up? That would double plus good.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

So, Trump is the guy on the R ticket. Now what is YOUR game plan?
    Not voting for Trump. I will not vote for Hillary either. I will write in as I have said. I hope I am wrong about him. I am not. I will trumpet, I told you so, as loud as I can. He is not a mystery. No one can say they could not know, though they will. Those that vote for him deserve to have there noses rubbed in it, when he excrements all over their rights, as he has done already. Oh and feel free to rub my nose in it if he is great. I will gladly eat crow every day if he is great. I am not concerned in the least about eating that meal. I will not have to.

So for the "positive". Vote for the best local, state, and fed. people I can. Not vote for the evil ones no matter their party. Same as I have done since Bush's first term. I will never vote for the "lesser of two evils" ever again.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,068 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

So what do you anti-trump guys suggest we do if Trump wins the nomination? And I'm highly interested in realistic game plans that are positive as in what would YOU do.

Uh, the nomination is not set. At this time we need to make sure we have the best nominee, not just jump on to a bandwagon before the nomination is won. So, until Rubio, Cruz and that other guy... whatshisface drop out debating this point is EXACTLY what informed electorate is supposed to do.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    So, until Rubio, Cruz and that other guy... whatshisface drop out debating this point is EXACTLY what informed electorate is supposed to do.
    Hear Hear!!!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    All I know is that if Bernie gets elected, we're all going to go to college for free...

welfare-state-2.jpg
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    If Trump wins, I have three months to come to terms with the general election. I will, inevitably, cast a vote for the least harmful candidate in the general election, if it comes to that, and hope that I have been wrong about everything. I was wrong about Ted Cruz, when I voted against his opponent in the Texas Senate race, and was very pleasantly surprised with his loyalty to the Constitution, and to his constituents. I've always believed that a leopard doesn't change his spots, but I could be wrong, maybe.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,185 Senior Member
    If the candidate of my choice does not win the Republican nomination, I will be voting for the one that does.
    While it is every Americans right to vote for whom they choose, I am knowledgeable enough to know that a write in vote for anyone equals a vote for the other side.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Right now, I feel like I am dealing with a bunch of people convinced that professional wrestling is real and are willfully ignoring evidence that it is fake-- or that they know it is fake and they somehow hope it will come true.
    -Thomas Paine
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    If Trump wins the nomination, many say they will not vote for him, which will allow Hillary to win. Is that what they want? Sounds like a kid taking his marble and going home because he didn't get his way. If the Establishment tries to do a Brokered Convention and deny Trump the win that will cause a Riot from Trump supporters and the destruction of the Republican Party.

Both the Media and Republican Establishment have not learned anything about what Trump has done to get their support. They are in denial about how tired of having an Establishment candidate dumped on them who have not won any elections for the past two elections. Since they cannot win honestly, they will result to dirty tricks. They denigrate his supporters as uneducated, low income, etc. even when they encompass all different groups. They continue to defame him with false statements, lies, etc. and the general public believes whatever they hear instead of checking the facts.

Many claim he is not qualified to be the Chief Executive in the White House. How do they think he built a $Billion Company and accomplished everything he has if he lacks Executive experience, which employees 22,000 employees? Do they think Rubio or Cruz could accomplish this or even operate his company?

All of this makes no sense to me.
    Nomadac wrote: »
    If Trump wins the nomination, many say they will not vote for him, which will allow Hillary to win. Is that what they want? Sounds like a kid taking his marble and going home because he didn't get his way.
    If your goal is to keep Clinton out of the Whitehouse, how about supporting a candidate that consistent conservative voters will actually vote for? How about one that actually shows he can beat Clinton in head to head matchups? How about a person that didn't support her last presidential campaign? How about someone that didn't invite her to his wedding? How about supporting someone that is actually hated less than Clinton by the general public?
    -Thomas Paine
    Nomadac wrote: »
    All of this makes no sense to me.
    You and me both.

I do not know how anyone claiming to be a small government, conservative, gun rights advocate can vote for a man that
    Used the law to steal from small business owners
    Used the big government gun to steal an old ladies land
    supported Hilary Clinton for president in 2008
    Is on record for banning assault weapons
    Is on record for supporting single payer health care
    Said Obama will be a better president than Bush
    Paid for the Clintons to come to his wedding
    Was a registered democrat in 2008
    More than likely voted for Obama in 2008

All of this is out there for anyone to see. People willfully ignore this information, claim it does not exist, or say people can completely change there ethos overnight. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. That makes him more dangerous than the wolf. The wolf is seen for what it is. The wolf in sheep's clothing is invited into the flock and destroys it from within. It is not sour grapes because my candidate is not nominated. I didn't like any of them, but might have been able to vote for one or two. Trump is dangerous to this country. Is Hilary? Yes, but no more so than Trump. That is why I would not vote for him

Sometimes, even often, doing the right thing mean consequences. Will there be consequences for not voting for the R? Maybe. If there are so be it. Anyone that votes for Trump, owns Trump. You vote for him and you are responsible for what he does. I will not own his particular type of evil.

I hope I am wrong. I believe Wambli is right, and Trump will be the nominee. I believe Hilary will be hurt if not removed because of the e-mail probe. I think it very likely Trump will be the next POTUS. This scares the Hell out of me.